Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

News about Search TV series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 06:21 PM

I can not find an old thread for this.  But the news about this finally making it soon onto DVD is great news as far as I am concerned.  One of my all time favourite American 70s shows.  I know that it was very popular here in Britain. 

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,035 posts

Posted February 01 2014 - 09:06 PM

For those who missed it, 

TVShowsOnDVD reported this:http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/19420And this was posted on YouTube By the Warner Archive Facebook pagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MrrKf7e2oBasically, after releasing the pilot Probe, the Archive is apparently close to releasing the entire 72-73 series which starred Hugh O'Brian, Tony Franciosa, Doug McClure, and Burgess Meredith.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,035 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:01 AM

Now available for ordering

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,035 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:02 AM

Now available for orderingFound the order page.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,035 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:58 PM

Additional information - I asked on the Archive FB page about the inclusion of the pilot "Probe".And their response was;"Probe is available as a separate release - as such it was not included in order to contain costs and maximize quality."

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted February 05 2014 - 01:51 PM

Additional information - I asked on the Archive FB page about the inclusion of the pilot "Probe".And their response was;"Probe is available as a separate release - as such it was not included in order to contain costs and maximize quality."

Good - that ticks me off when I've already bought it separately. :)

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 842 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 03:54 PM

Preview up now on YouTube.  This looks good, i'm going to order this one.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,167 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 05:49 PM

There are two different versions of PROBE - the original TV Movie and then a re-edited version that leads into the series - with slighty different scenes and music. 

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,035 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 07:42 PM

Well, that was quick.

My copies arrived today - Probe, and the Complete Series.Watched Probe tonight.   Will do some binge watching soon.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 05:50 PM

I am now more than halfway through the series now and I am enjoying it a great deal. I am amazed that it only lasted for one season as it was such a great show. Good leads, a fantastic performance from Burgess Meredith, fantastic music, great guest stars, lots of action. It seems rather fast paced for the time. The scripts are very good and there is quite a variety of different stories throughout the series. I always had very happy memories of this series and I am delighted to be given a chance of actually seeing them all. Has anyone else got any thoughts on this recently released DVD series? I thought that there might have been quite a few postings on it.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 02:28 AM

I have now finished watching the series.  I thought that there would have been more postings on it as I believe that the release has done well.  I would really like to read about the history of this show.  Why did they change Probe Headquarters part way through the series.  Of the three probe agents Lockwood is my favourite but he is only in one episode where the new control room is featured. For some reason the second last episode features Lockwood but it obviously was filmed much earlier as it has the old control room in it.   Does anyone know why that was?  I particularly enjoyed the episode where Cam featured heavily in it. A very interesting episode.  The one impression I get from the series is that a lot of money seems to have been spent on it.  And unlike many action adventure series the actual episodes are very varied.  There are often twists and turns in  the story and often you are unsure as to how the episode will end.  There are a number of great actors and actresses throughout the series playing guest roles.   I knew that it was a series that I had really enjoyed at the time but having seen all the episodes I now realise why it made such an lasting impression on me.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users