Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

55 Days At Peking / Circus World U.K. Release April 7

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 of 107 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,173 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 18 2014 - 07:36 AM

I enjoyed my UK release of Circus World very much.  I don't have time to watch bonus material, so I'm very happy with the Anchor Bay release.  Next up is 55 Days at Peking.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#102 of 107 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,173 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:25 PM

I finished watching 55 Days at Peking and I'm glad I bought the UK release over the more expensive French disc.  I thought the video and audio presentations were superb and I thoroughly enjoyed my BD viewing experience.

Crawdaddy

#103 of 107 Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,481 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:46 PM

I finished watching 55 Days at Peking and I'm glad I bought the UK release over the more expensive French disc.  I thought the video and audio presentations were superb and I thoroughly enjoyed my BD viewing experience.

I agree with Robert completely.

It's a real top notch transfer and so much cheaper than the French disc.

Pinewood have achieved wonders by going back to the original 8 perf Super Technirama 70mm camera negatives.

#104 of 107 Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,778 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted April 19 2014 - 01:38 AM

Picture and sound is indeed splendid (both on the UK and French version). I never had the chance to see the film theatrically, despite seeing so many 70mm roadshow attractions, so seeing this Blu-ray was like seeing the film properly for the first time after viewing so many poor TV, VHS and DVD presentations over the years.

#105 of 107 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 03:42 AM

Pinewood have achieved wonders by going back to the original 8 perf Super Technirama 70mm camera negatives.

No wonders but something that we also could have gotten for other movies from 8-perf negatives like El Cid, One Eyed Jacks or John Paul Jones and look what we got instead...
  • SAhmed likes this

#106 of 107 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,173 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 19 2014 - 04:02 AM

No wonders but something that we also could have gotten for other movies from 8-perf negatives like El Cid, One Eyed Jacks or John Paul Jones and look what we got instead...

Perhaps some lessons learned from those prior releases.

Crawdaddy

#107 of 107 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 05:19 AM

Perhaps some lessons learned from those prior releases.

I hope that some will finally learn their lessons, looking at the recent releases of Funny Face and El Dorado Paramount still hasn't.

But that is for another thread and I am glad you liked 55 Days - It is a really good disc and shows what can be done on a budget with two movies that are not exactly the top two classic titles of all times.

And a big thanks to the guys at Pinewood as they did things right from the start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users