What's new

USHE Announcement: The War Wagon (1967) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 4/1/2014 THE WAR WAGON Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 5/13/1967 Synopsis: Two cinematic legends, John Wayne and Kirk Douglas, team up to seize a fortune in gold in the action-packed western classic, The War Wagon. Wayne plays Taw Jackson, a range-hardened rancher who’s hell-bent on capturing the infamous War Wagon, an ironclad stagecoach owned by a thieving cattle baron who robbed Taw of his gold years before. To get even, Jackson recruits Lomax (Douglas), a brash gunslinger, and a raucous crew of misfits and readies them to pull off one of the most impossible heists of all time. Blu-ray Widescreen (61131022) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-22256-5-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/1/2014 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 41 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono French European DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of The War Wagon (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Theatrical Trailer DVD Widescreen (61020298) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20298-2-0 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 4/12/2005 PreOrder Date: 3/8/2005 Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 41 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-5 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Spanish Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Production Notes • Cast and Filmmakers • Theatrical Trailer

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Kind of a western Dirty Dozen. I will probably stick with the UK BD, which I thought was an excellent transfer.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I haven't picked up any of these UK blu-rays, so I'll be getting the Waynes and Eastwoods when they get released. Though I still wonder what takes Universal so long to release the North American blu-rays after they release them in the UK. It was the same situation with Cape Feare.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Preorder today. Amazon preorder prices tend to go up after initial posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
JoHud said:
I haven't picked up any of these UK blu-rays, so I'll be getting the Waynes and Easwoods when they get released. Though I still wonder what takes Universal so long to release the North American blu-rays after they release them in the UK. It was the same situation with Cape Feare.
Same here. I was just about to buy the 4 westerns from Amazon.uk as they are currently on sale, but now I'll wait for the US versions because they will include Ultra-violet digital copies.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I received the UK version a few days ago (well I am in the UK). I've just zipped through it & I have to say I think the picture looks great, there's no mistaking that you're looking at an HD transfer. Like Big Jake, a minor Wayne, but still very enjoyable. Fingers crossed for, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, They Were Expendable & In Harm's Way this year.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Mark-P said:
I was just about to buy the 4 westerns from Amazon.uk as they are currently on sale, but now I'll wait for the US versions because they will include Ultra-violet digital copies.
One of the nice things about not using Ultraviolet/digital copies (I give away/trash them) is that I don't have to wait. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rick Thompson said:
One of the nice things about not using Ultraviolet/digital copies (I give away/trash them) is that I don't have to wait. :)
I don't understand Ultraviolet/digital copies if you bought the BD. Can you view the digital copy in high def?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this movie on Blu-ray today. I guess I was bogged down with work in 2014 when this was released because I had no idea it was available until I got the notice in an e-mail as an Amazon recommendation based on previous purchases. It was priced less than $10, so naturally I got it, but imagine my surprise when I saw that it was released in 2014!

Anyway, the transfer is excellent, and the movie is very entertaining. Kirk Douglas made it a point to mount his horse in a series of different ways throughout the movie, each more spectacular than the last until he slipped off at the end of the film to cap the joke.

I'm glad to (finally) add it to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks