Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

USHE Announcement: The War Wagon (1967) (Blu-ray)

Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,415 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 11:53 AM

Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 4/1/2014

THE WAR WAGON

Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 5/13/1967
Synopsis: Two cinematic legends, John Wayne and Kirk Douglas, team up to seize a fortune in gold in the action-packed western classic, The War Wagon. Wayne plays Taw Jackson, a range-hardened rancher who’s hell-bent on capturing the infamous War Wagon, an ironclad stagecoach owned by a thieving cattle baron who robbed Taw of his gold years before. To get even, Jackson recruits Lomax (Douglas), a brash gunslinger, and a raucous crew of misfits and readies them to pull off one of the most impossible heists of all time.

Blu-ray Widescreen (61131022) : Disc 1 (Side A) 
 Format:  Blu-ray  UPC:  0-2519-22256-5-9
 Unit Type:  Standard  Number of Media:  1
 Street Date:  4/1/2014  PreOrder Date:   
 Run Time (HH:MM):  1 Hour 41 Minutes    
 Language:  English  Disc Type:  BD-50 (Single Sided)
 Packaging:  Snap Case  Layers:  Single
 Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono French European DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono    Subtitles:  English SDH  
 Edition:  -  Picture:  Widescreen
 Version:  Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet  Color/B&W COLOR 
 Rating:  Not Rated  CARA Rating:  -
 Bonus Features:  • Digital Copy of The War Wagon (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Theatrical Trailer  
DVD Widescreen (61020298) : Disc 1 (Side A) 
 Format:  DVD  UPC:  0-2519-20298-2-0
 Unit Type:  Standard  Number of Media:  -
 Street Date:  4/12/2005  PreOrder Date:  3/8/2005
 Run Time (HH:MM):  1 Hour 41 Minutes    
 Language:  English  Disc Type:  DVD-5 (Single Sided)
 Packaging:  Snap Case  Layers:  Single
 Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono    Subtitles:  English SDH Spanish  
 Edition:  -  Picture:  Widescreen
 Version:  -  Color/B&W COLOR 
 Rating:  Not Rated  CARA Rating:  -
 Bonus Features:  • Production Notes • Cast and Filmmakers • Theatrical Trailer    

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted January 28 2014 - 11:59 AM

Kind of a western Dirty Dozen. I will probably stick with the UK BD, which I thought was an excellent transfer.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,052 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted January 28 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm on this but will wait for reviews.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,913 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 12:19 PM

I haven't picked up any of these UK blu-rays, so I'll be getting the Waynes and Eastwoods when they get released.  Though I still wonder what takes Universal so long to release the North American blu-rays after they release them in the UK.  It was the same situation with Cape Feare.

#5 of 9 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,415 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Preorder today.  Amazon preorder prices tend to go up after initial posting.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,588 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted January 28 2014 - 06:37 PM

I haven't picked up any of these UK blu-rays, so I'll be getting the Waynes and Easwoods when they get released.  Though I still wonder what takes Universal so long to release the North American blu-rays after they release them in the UK.  It was the same situation with Cape Feare.

Same here. I was just about to buy the 4 westerns from Amazon.uk as they are currently on sale, but now I'll wait for the US versions because they will include Ultra-violet digital copies.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,712 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted February 06 2014 - 02:43 AM

I received the UK version a few days ago (well I am in the UK). I've just zipped through it & I have to say I think the picture looks great, there's no mistaking that you're looking at an HD transfer. Like Big Jake, a minor Wayne, but still very enjoyable. Fingers crossed for, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, They Were Expendable & In Harm's Way this year.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:54 AM

I was just about to buy the 4 westerns from Amazon.uk as they are currently on sale, but now I'll wait for the US versions because they will include Ultra-violet digital copies.

One of the nice things about not using Ultraviolet/digital copies (I give away/trash them) is that I don't have to wait. :)

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,914 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 06 2014 - 05:01 AM

One of the nice things about not using Ultraviolet/digital copies (I give away/trash them) is that I don't have to wait. :)

I don't understand Ultraviolet/digital copies if you bought the BD.  Can you view the digital copy in high def?

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users