What's new

Denon 4802 with Atkis touch screen remote (1 Viewer)

Ken Arnold

Agent
Real Name
Ken Arnold
For those of you that know Denon, the 4800 series is second from top of the line. I have an older 4802 that is in perfect condition. It's been setting in my bedroom for about 8 years. The Atkis remote works perfectly as it's had little use. (I have two pronto's I've been using.) It is 7.1 channels at 125 watts per channel, duel zone with more inputs and outputs you can use. It does not have HDMI, but does have 3 sets of component input, 8 composite and 8 s-video. For Blu-Ray, you can use the 7.1 channel inputs from a capable Blu-Ray player. I have the original box, the manual ( in hard copy and PDF), the manual to the Atkis, the software for the Atkis touch screen remote, and the software to program it from a WIndows computer. Shipping would be expensive as it weighs 42.5 lbs. and would take two boxes because of the accessories for the remote. I also have a rechargeable battery in the remote and the charger base which doubles as an RF receiver with connections for IR emitters. This is a $2,000 receiver and I'm asking $450.00. Can bee seen and heard in Austin, TX. There are no scratches, dings etc. See attached PDF for description, pictures and all the specs.

Attachments

• AVR4802 Slick.pdf
    816.1 KB · Views: 203

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just to let you know...Your price is in the realm the 4308 has trouble selling at. I have a 4308 that I bought at an estate sale(with bunches of stuff). I won't let it go under $500, ergo...I still have it.You might have better luck selling the remote separate(and just offer this with a pronto).Since the analog sunset, the pre-HDMI AVR used market died. And I mean...died.

Ken Arnold

Agent
Real Name
Ken Arnold
Thanks for the info Sam, good to know. Since my Pronto just died :( , I won't sell the Atkis separately. I have another lower end Denon upstairs that isn't in use at all, so I thought I'd have a better chance of selling the 4802. If it doesn't sell it'll stay in the bedroom. Thanks also for you're comment on the B&W's. I just refurbished a vintage pair of ESS speakers with the Heil air motion transformers and they are incredible! I'm putting some H&K rear and center channel speakers with them for my main system. Having 3 complete home theaters in the house for 2 people IS a bit excessive...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have 4, for two people. Bunches of guests though(an hour from DT Chicago).OfficeTheatreLiving roomMaster bedroomRarely ever, on weekends, is it just she and I.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks