–Cate Blanchette(Blue Jasmine– 2013) 

Posted Image

–Zulu –1964

Posted Image

– Man in the Dark – 1953

– Khartoum– 1966

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Baffled! [1973] $16.98
Blue Jasmine $19.96 $17.99
Bullet in the Face: The Complete Series $16.98
Captain Phillips $19.96 $19.99 $17.99
Charlie Countryman $16.99
Counting Cars: Season 2 Vol 2 $12.73
Crossing Lines: Season One $21.98 $18.99
Freezer $21.23
In a World... $19.99 $14.99
Instructions Not Included $12.96 $12.99 $12.99
Machete Kills $18.99 $18.99 $17.99
Nostalghia [1983] $26.96
NYPD Blue: Season Five $29.74
Peanuts Deluxe Edition: Touchdown CharlieBrown! $16.98
Pink:  Livefrom Melbourne $11.99
Richard The Lionheart $24.28

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Bad Milo $26.98
BlueJasmine $24.96 $22.99
Captain Phillips $24.96 $24.99 $22.99
CatPeople CE $24.99
Charlie Countryman $22.99
Crossing Lines: Season One $21.98 $18.99
Die Monster Die! $16.98
The Five Heartbeats $11.78
Freezer [Combo Pack] $17.96
In a World... $32.39 $17.99
Instructions Not Included $17.99 $16.99 $16.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World  [Criterion]  $29.99
Khartoum  [TwilightTime] 
La vie de bohème  [Criterion]  $35.96
MacheteKills [Combo Pack] $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Manin the Dark (3-D)  [TwilightTime] 
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy   $26.98
Nostalghia [1983] $29.99
Pink:  Livein Melbourne $13.88
Raise the Titanic [Combo Pack] $17.97
Robocop 4K Remastered Edition $7.99
Titus [TwilightTime] 
Zulu  [TwilightTime] 

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

[font=" Arial;"]--Four new Twilight TimeBlu-rayreleases this week:  Man in the Dark (3-D), Zulu, Titus andKhartoum.  Pre-orderHERE at Screen Archives Entertainment.

--AtBest Buy, this week, EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING on Captain Phillipson Blu-ray. 

--The following recentreleases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwisenoted):[/font]

$14.99: Carrie, 2 Guns, The Family.

$17.99: Lee Daniels' The Butler, Carrie (Blu CP), The Family (Blu CP).

$19.99: 2 Guns (Blu CP).

$22.99: Lee Daniels' The Butler(Blu CP)

--BestBuy has $5 in CinemaNow credit with the purchase of select titles. Code will be printedon receipt in-store and delivered viae-mailat BestBuy.com.  Offer valid 1-19-14 thru 2-1-14 whilesupplies last.  CinemaNow code expires 4-1-14.  Thefollowingtitles are shown:

Insidious- Chapter 2:  DVD$17.99/Blu $24.99
Elysium:  DVD $17.99/Blu $22.99
Smurfs 2:  $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Bu
Grown Ups 2:  $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu
White House Down:  $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu
This Is the End:  $9.99DVD/$12.99 Blu

--BBhas the following Blutitles on sale this week for $14.99:  Dr. Seuss' The Lorax,Hop, How to Train Your Dragon.

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE RELEASE of JLS Adventures: Trapped in Time for $12.99 (ananimated Justice League of America release).

--Targethas the following "DisneyFavorites" on sale this week:

$12.99:  Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess (DVD), DocMcStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine (DVD).

$14.99:  The Lone Ranger (DVD).

$19.99:  Wreck-It Ralph (Blu)

--Target Odds and Ends: Noneto report.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've heard a lot of good things about This is the End, so I might splurge this week on that. And while I'm out, the new JLA movie should be fun for $13.

But, ya know, I also spent a mini-fortune between Christmas/New Year's travel and a week in Vegas...not to mention planning a summer trip and San Francisco for Christmas '14. Criminey...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And just a couple hours after I post the WRU, Richard put up his review of Blue Jasmine.

I have added the link to the OP where it joins links to reviews of Cat People, Machete Kills and Man in the Dark 3-D.

You might also find a thread or two around the forum in which you might get some information on It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Just sayin'.

:biggrin:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Many more reviews to come this week: time is the problem to squeeze them all in.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me, but if my Dad bought Blu he's go nuts! IAMMMMW, Zulu AND Khartoum? In one week? I think he still has them all on VHS!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I already got Robocop and I might buy Cat People when it drops down in price a little bit but it's a relatively slow week for me.

Also, Tom Hanks gives one of his best performances in Captain Phillips. Absolutely worth a rental for those that haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Okay...so I lied. I went into Costco (alone) today and came out with Citizen Kane ($13.99) and the big Ben Hur box ($19.99).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
These prices are a bit crazy. I really want In a World.., Blue Jasmine and Captian Phillips, but the only one of the three with a decent release-week pricepoint is the lowest-grossing, least-seen of the three which boasts no Oscar nominations? Seriously? I'm fine waiting on a price drop.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you specificallty want those three, I can offer you a suggestion to get them for around $49 + tax from BN.BN is currently running a B2G1 sale -- CP is 28.70 and the other 2 are $252 possibilities1) If you are a member or are willing to start a membership (or 60Day Free Trial) then you should be able to use a $5 off $50 Transaction coupon (C9R9B4H) after they are officially released since codes won't work on preorders. The membership will also get you free expedited shipping2) I don't know what the instore prices will be, but often the new releases will be similar to current preorder prices.If you are a member, have a store nearby, and the prices are the same you should be able to get them for $48+ . Add $1.50 filler item then you can add the 5off50 coupon (some clerks will manually add code 122421) to save a few more dollars

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was able to buy the BDs for The Butler, Mary Poppins and Captain Phillips from BN for 18.33 each. Used the 3 for 2 sale, plus a 20% coupon for one item.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Mike Frezon said:
Hmmm. Annette O'Toole was an important part of my adolescence.

But I've never seen Cat People.
In that case, if you had seen Cat People in your adolescence it might have been too much. Either that, or you would have become a man that day. She was that impressive, naturally.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Loved her in One on One. In fact, I ordered the DVD of One on One when I realized it was available from the WB Archive program.

f7p546ylcoak5p6k.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Some of the links to Amazon don't match up.
The dvd of Bullet in the Face goes to Freezer.

In a World Blu is $15.99 Amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks