What's new

Help finding the perfect HTiB (1 Viewer)

Josue Castaner Soto

Auditioning
Hello, I am new to the site and I only know the basics of Home Theaters so any help will be appreciated. I'm planning to buy a HTiB in the next few weeks. I want it to be compatible with my Wii U. The thing is that the Wii U only supports LPCM audio and most HTiB's that I've found don't support it, besides LPCM it must have HDMI inputs and output. This is necessary in order to get 5.1 sound from the Wii U. The Wii U must not be connected directly to the TV and then pass the audio through the optical cable to the receiver because from what I've read the optical output does not support LPCM because of bandwidth(correct me if I'm wrong plz). So here is a list of the features I'm looking for.

-BluRay playback
-LPCM support
-HDMI inputs/output
-1000 Watts (preferably)
-Smart Functions (would be nice but not necessary)
-Cost (No more than $400)

Thank's in advance!!!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You should avoid HTiBs and go for a "pre-packaged" system. The terms are not formal, but in general HTiBs usually have proprietary connections and packaged systems are just standard components packaged together to reduce cost (they are lower end components, but quality). With a packaged system you can expand later, and maybe more importantly for you, they will process all the standard signals.

PCM is pretty standard and I can't believe anyone wouldn't process it through HDMI. You shouldn't route through the TV, as you said they almost always only pass stereo (except for their tuner signal). I've never heard a good reason; I don't think bandwidth makes any sense, it's not costly to provide the circuitry to pass through a surround signal.

If you can afford to break the budget just a bit I recommend this package (didn't search for deals):
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YHT-497-5-1-Channel-Theater-System/dp/B007PU2Y4S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389959886&sr=1-1&keywords=yamaha+system

Onkyo used to have some good packages too, but they seemed to have raised their prices recently so I can't recommend them any more. (The 3500 uses a passive sub and should be avoided unless it's the only option that fits the budget.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks