I am very inexperienced when it comes to HT, speakers and sound quality. I have read several similar posts on here but some questions persist in my mind. I would like to have a new HT setup as part of the basement remodel. My objective is to equip a HT with a small neat life-style orientated speaker package with good build quality and sound quality for watching movies. The room is about 10x12 ft. The goal is to obtain the best movie experience on a fixed projector screen. I would like to do the work myself if possible.
- The room isn't built yet. Other than wiring, what else should I be thinking about? I read that acoustics are important. Should I consider acoustic diffuser panels to minimize scattering? I am not concerned about sound transmission to other rooms but rather improving sound quality? Floor will be carpeted.
- Any recommendations on fixed projector screen 100" for under $1k? Room will be very dark.
- Any recommendations on projector for under $1k?
- For a room this size, is it worth getting 7.1 or 5.1?
- And finally .... what speakers and receiver would you recommend for a 5.1/7.1 system for under $3k? I think that in wall/ceiling speakers would look neat but I understand these are expensive and often have weaknesses. Maybe the ideal setup would be slim LCR, ceiling SL/SR and slim SBL/SBR. Pros/cons for this combo? Is it better to avoid ceiling altogether and just do slims? Are slims just not good enough for a rich movie experience and therefore compact bookshelves present better quality and options for the 5.1/7.1 setup? I would appreciate recommendations with brand/model config.
Thanks for your help with this.
- View New Content
- Blu-ray, DVD, Streaming Video and Digital Downloads
- Home Theater Hardware
- Theaters, Remotes and Accessories
- Equipment Reviews
- DVD & Blu-ray Reviews
- Other Diversions
- Bargains and Deals
- Feedback and Testing
- DVD/HDvision (French)
- Theater Photos
DVD & Blu-ray Reviews
- Equipment Reviews
Blu-ray Release Listings
- Shop Amazon