• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 of 32 Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 03:50 PM

a featurette on why it's taken about 4 decades to see any official release would be a nice inclusion, but since there was a lot of red tape to go through, doing it in a tounge-in-check style would be the best way to tell the story. Too bad William Dozier isn't around anymore as he could of narrated it all. 

DR17 you put a scene in my mind of a very disorderly court room where chairs and tables are flying in all directions while Burt Ward is exclaiming to Adam West...Holy Fort Knox Batman...we must be worth quite a mint to cause this much discord and drama over who gets that 34th percentage. Holy Changing Wall to Ward Street Batman. :)

#22 of 32 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted January 17 2014 - 03:50 PM

I don't mean to imply anything, because I know nothing about all the struggles involved with getting this released, but isn't it coincidental that all this happened within a month of the ex-Mrs. Dozier's death?

#23 of 32 darkrock17

darkrock17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted January 17 2014 - 04:11 PM

I don't mean to imply anything, because I know nothing about all the struggles involved with getting this released, but isn't it coincidental that all this happened within a month of the ex-Mrs. Dozier's death?

Let's not start jumping to any conclusion that the late Mrs Dozier was "rubbed out" in order for this release to happened.

• Rob_Ray and Richard V like this

#24 of 32 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted January 17 2014 - 04:34 PM

Let's not start jumping to any conclusion that the late Mrs Dozier was "rubbed out" in order for this release to happened.

Eraser.jpg

/debuted in Batman #188, which was in December 1966. Right timeframe for the show. And by gum, the Eraser was lame enough to give Egghead a run for his money.

#25 of 32 darkrock17

darkrock17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted January 17 2014 - 04:43 PM

Eraser.jpg

/debuted in Batman #188, which was in December 1966. Right timeframe for the show. And by gum, the Eraser was lame enough to give Egghead a run for his money.

The Eraser, good thing he wasn't on the show or there could been a possible lawsuit with WB over plagerism with 1945's Rubberhead from The Great Piggy Bank Robbery.

Rubberhead Looney Tunes.png

#26 of 32 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 05:18 PM

i think people are beginning to see the wisdom in what i have been saying all along with regards to stuff being released.

patience !!

Jimmy, Not trying to be offensive because I like your posts, but your mantra has always seemed to be "every single show will eventually be released".  I'm glad about Batman but your theory just isn't true. There are many, many shows that will never see the light of day no matter how long we wait.

#27 of 32 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 09:23 PM

you can disagree with me without me finding you offensive.

we all have different opinions.

but i did not say every single show.

we have had this discussion in the past.

i think the shows that were fairly popular.

people started naming game shows, and talk shows, and variety shows - never was really thinking of those shows.

i am referring to mostly the night time hit shows.

i cant say much about the last 30 years, cuz i havent really seen those shows.

so you would have to name a show, and then i could give you my opinion.

a definite yes on the wonder years, i dont care how many hurdles people quote.  big show, big hit, good message.  and as i stated it is either make some money or make no money at all.

and you only have to put it out once, but you continually have new people being born.

little house is coming out on blu-ray - absolutely no surprise to me at all.  huge show, and the dvds had terrible reviews.  so they simply needed to fix it.

i am happy to go on record with any show you want to give me.

actually with batman, i would not have been quite as sure.  if i recall that was on before prime time, around 7 o'clock.  and it was pretty much just for kids.  i dont recall any adults ever watching that show.

so i am not shocked by any means that it came out, but it is much more of a trendy type of show, catering to a small segment of the overall population.  so i would not have given that a definite yes, like i would for little house or the wonder years.

in fact, it was mostly for the boys (which of course i was and loved it).  but girls were not watching batman and the green hornet.

#28 of 32 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted January 23 2014 - 11:07 AM

so any chance this is a big enough release to warrant both a dvd and blu ray release. If anyone has seen the 66 movie knows , it looks gorgeous on BR, I would hate to buy the sets then have to be forced to uy it again on BRb

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#29 of 32 Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted January 23 2014 - 01:03 PM

Dave...I think the general consensus on here is that Blu Ray will be offered but OH....OUCH....that price tag. :)

#30 of 32 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted January 23 2014 - 09:18 PM

If you mean the lovely Ann Rutherford, she passed in June 2012.  You may be confusing her with another lovely golden age actress, Joan Fontaine.  Actually, according to someone at the Batman 1966 Board who should know, the reception of the Bat Merchandise helped seal the deal.  I took that to mean that the Bat Merchandise has done well so they upped their revenue projections sufficiently to satisfy everyone's greed to the point that they were willing to stop bickering.

• Ron1973 likes this

#31 of 32 Garysb

Garysb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 01:40 AM

DC also has an ongoing comic book "Batman 1966" in the style of the TV show so I am sure there is more awareness  of this version of Batman.

#32 of 32 Steve...O

Steve...O

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 04:52 AM

If you mean the lovely Ann Rutherford, she passed in June 2012.  You may be confusing her with another lovely golden age actress, Joan Fontaine.  Actually, according to someone at the Batman 1966 Board who should know, the reception of the Bat Merchandise helped seal the deal.  I took that to mean that the Bat Merchandise has done well so they upped their revenue projections sufficiently to satisfy everyone's greed to the point that they were willing to stop bickering.

Joan Fontaine is the "ex Mrs. Dozier" that Rob was likely referring to.  She is also the mother of Debra Dozier that has prominently been mentioned in all the Dozier related lawsuits related to Batman.

Not that's there's any connection.....:)

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users