-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV Press Release: Tom & Jerry: Mouse Trouble

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,335 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 11:05 AM

mouse.jpeg

THE DELIGHTFULLY MISCHIEVOUS DUO IS BACK!

TOM AND JERRY: MOUSE TROUBLE

IS SET FOR RELEASE FEBRUARY 18, 2014

FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Two-Disc Set is Comprised of a Lively Mix of Classic and Contemporary Shorts Featuring 30 Rip-Roaring Cartoons for Over Three-Hours of Animated Fun!

BURBANK, CA (January 15, 2014) – The pursuit of laughter and fun continues with the release of Tom and Jerry:  Mouse Trouble, available February 18, 2014 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. (WBHE). This rollicking new collection features 30 cartoons totaling over three hours of animated cat and mouse antics the whole family will enjoy together. Tom and Jerry: Mouse Trouble will retail for $19.97 SRP.

Join the favorite cat and mouse duo in Tom and Jerry: Mouse Trouble, a collection of shorts comprised of some of the funniest episodes from Tom and Jerry Tales and classic, theatrical Tom and Jerry shorts. Each cartoon is filled with fur-flying, action-packed chases, schemes and pranks that will delight kids and their parents time and time again. Look at what the cat and mouse dragged in! Included in this all-new, expansive collection is the Academy Award®–winning (Best Short Subject: Cartoon) Mouse Trouble, which has Tom following the ill-fated advice of a book on how to catch mice.  Get ready for a rowdy reunion when Jerry’s Uncle Pecos comes to visit in Cry Uncle. Cat got your tongue? Maybe it’s Cat Got Your Luggage?, the short which has Tom working as a bellhop in a fancy hotel and Jerry is a guest that is sure to overstay his welcome. Then Jerry helps an escaped circus lion in Jerry and the Lion. Tom presents Jerry as a gift to his beautiful feline girlfriend, Toodles Galore in Love MeLove My Mouse.  These and several other hilarious cartoons are featured on this must-own set. So sit back, relax and hide the frying pans and mousetraps, this one is going to be a laugh riot!

Originally created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, Tom and Jerry emerged during Hollywood’s golden age of animation and became one of the most popular cartoon series in existence. The shorts focus on the never-ending rivalry between Tom the cat and Jerry the mouse. The plots of each short usually center on Tom’s attempts to capture Jerry. Jerry however, is clever and quick on his feet so Tom hardly ever manages to catch him.

“We are delighted with the wonderful assortment of cartoons found in this entertaining new collection and we think consumers will be too,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President Family & Animation Marketing and Partner Brands. She added, “It was important for us to select a combination of shorts we thought would appeal to both kids and adults. Tom and Jerry are enduring characters whose body of work spans decades. Their repertoire features cartoons that appeal to just about every taste. From the heart-melting and adorable to the most rambunctious and hilarious, Tom and Jerry have it all.”

Tom & Jerry: Mouse Trouble

Disc One

Disc Two

1.Down and Outing

16. Jackhammered Cat

2. Tee For Two

17. Tomcat Superstar

3. Rock ‘n’ Rodent

18. Little Big Mouse

4. Jerry, Jerry, Quite Contrary

19. Cat Show Catastrophe

5. Bad Day at Cat Rock

20. Don’t Bring Your Pet to School Day

6. Love Me, Love My Mouse

21. Cry Uncle

7. Is There a Doctor in the Mouse?

22. Cat Got Your Luggage?

8. Hockey Schtick

23. Feeding Time

9. Little School Mouse

24. Summer Squashing

10. Designs on Jerry

25. Salt Water Tabby

11. Mouse Trouble

26. The Invisible Mouse

12. Down Beat Bear

27. DJ Jerry

13. Jerry and the Lion

28. Game of Mouse and Cat

14.  Mouse For Sale

29. Zent Out of Shape

15. Prehisterics

30. Kitty Foiled

“ACADEMY AWARDS®’ is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.”  TOM AND JERRY™ and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Turner Entertainment Co.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,857 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 27 2014 - 08:51 AM

seriously.... I cant begin to fathom the slap in the face that this is, where is Vol 2 of the Golden Collection

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#3 of 9 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,135 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 27 2014 - 12:41 PM

seriously.... I cant begin to fathom the slap in the face that this is, where is Vol 2 of the Golden Collection

Vol. 2 of the Golden Collection is supposedly caught in a standoff with the legal department.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#4 of 9 Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted January 27 2014 - 01:24 PM

Does the legal department know that the unmodified cartoons "Casanova Cat" and "Mouse Cleaning" are on the european Tom and Jerry collections and NO ONE is complaining?

#5 of 9 williampl7@aol.com

williampl7@aol.com

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 07:12 PM

Glad I held on to my LaserDiscs.

• Rod J likes this

#6 of 9 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,857 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 28 2014 - 05:21 AM

Vol. 2 of the Golden Collection is supposedly caught in a standoff with the legal department.

Does the legal department know that the unmodified cartoons "Casanova Cat" and "Mouse Cleaning" are on the european Tom and Jerry collections and NO ONE is complaining?

I know that was the answer we were given as to why it wasn't being released, but I am wondering what the legal implications are of releasing a title that they own. What it means is the PC police, are in full swing, so last night I was watching Mrs. Miniver and well, Wolf Blitz is on there with a disclaimer, about it being presented, and while the attitudes and depictions were wrong then as they are today,  to not display it as originally intended, would be as if these never existed, and that would be wrong as well. WB needs to read their Own disclaimer (Legal Dept. included), and do a proper release.

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#7 of 9 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,065 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 06:55 AM

Please post here on what specific UK (or other country's) disc these two uncensored titles appear. Thanks.

#8 of 9 Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted January 28 2014 - 10:27 AM

I know  that the German version has it . I have it. I believe also the UK and probably French and Italian have it- In this forum I also gave specific info. Search for my post name "sumnernor"

See http://www.hometheat...ray-dvd/page-11

Someone  asked me to post the details which I did,

Also see:

http://www.hometheat...on&topicID=3122

#9 of 9 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,135 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 28 2014 - 03:20 PM

But it's Europe. The PC police don't impact/strike unholy fear into corporations there like they do in the good old USA.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users