Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha RX-V367 - reverts back to standard

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   chris777

chris777

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 15 2014 - 08:42 AM

So I try and keep my audio preset on "5ch".  Every once in awhile, it is set at standard, and I can tell because the rear speakers are hardly used(even tho they show in the diagram of this preset).  I am wondering if anyone knows why this keeps happening, and what I can do to fix it.  I can't seem to pinpoint when it happens, it appears random.  I've had issue with speaker wire(I have a 2yr old that pulls my speakers sometimes), and that has caused it to turn off with the error "Check sp wires".  It's not doing that anymore, just reverting to "standard" every once in awhile.  Annoying.  

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted January 15 2014 - 01:13 PM

Wow, I feel for you. My Harman Kardon AVR7000 used to do that, would always revert to stereo and stay there regardless of signal. It was a glitch in that model but I can definitely feel your pain. I would do a factory reset (not positive the procedure, google it), recalibrate and keep the kid away from your speaker wires.
JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users