-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Banshee Season 2 - Cinemax

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 07:08 PM

Season 2 of Banshee has started. It picked up right where season 1 ended and it looks to be a good ride for season 2.

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#2 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 08:31 PM

I loved the armored car heist.

Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#3 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted January 13 2014 - 03:27 PM

They really know how to pick their actresses too, lots of eye candy.

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

#4 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted January 21 2014 - 10:45 AM

Episode 2 had quite the opening scene. :huh:

• mattCR likes this

#5 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted January 21 2014 - 03:04 PM

As did the hottub scene with the chief towards the end. Creepy bowtie guy showed up as well. I wonder if we'll get any backstory on him?

Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#6 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted January 26 2014 - 03:34 AM

Well this week, Lucas took a vicious beating from Chayton Littlestone--one big mean mofo. It seems before the cuts and bruises from his previous altercations heal, he manages to get new ones elsewhere. At this rate, he'll look like hamburger by the end of the season :) Also, I'm guessing the hooded assailant in the woods that attacked Lucas was Nola (the chief's sister)?

#7 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted January 26 2014 - 03:36 AM

Also the line of the night from Kai: "Do you know what's worse than getting your testicles crushed by a baseball bat? Getting them crushed a second time."

#8 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 06:22 AM

Could that dude be any bigger?

#9 of 28 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Screenwriter

• 2,982 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 09:24 AM

Also the line of the night from Kai: "Do you know what's worse than getting your testicles crushed by a baseball bat? Getting them crushed a second time."

Laughed my ass off with that line and what followed.

#10 of 28 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:39 AM

Such a different role by Munn, especially as compared to say, Newsroom

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#11 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 02:24 PM

It's not Olivia Munn, its Odette Annable that plays Nola. Once again Kai had the line of the night: "Just tap your foot when you're ready to talk". It also looks like Jason Hood will be around for awhile causing trouble of some kind. I won't be surprised if Sugar makes good on his promise to turn Jason's dad's grave into a family plot like he said a couple of episodes back.

#12 of 28 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:00 PM

It's not Olivia Munn, its Odette Annable that plays Nola. Once again Kai had the line of the night: "Just tap your foot when you're ready to talk". It also looks like Jason Hood will be around for awhile causing trouble of some kind. I won't be surprised if Sugar makes good on his promise to turn Jason's dad's grave into a family plot like he said a couple of episodes back.

I always get those two confused!

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#13 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:37 AM

They need to get Sherrif Hood checked for concussion. He's taking daily beatings. I'd like to see the audition posting for this show - "Looking for huge, giant men for a cable network show. The bigger the better."

The Amish dude was a monster too.

And is it just me, but doesn't Odette Annable look like a similar but better version of Megan Fox before she ruined her face with whatever surgery/filler/botox she did?

#14 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 03:21 PM

She does look like a better version of Megan Fox. It looks like she's skipping town, but I hope she'll be back.

#15 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:02 AM

A good episode. The mess that Hood keeps trying to clean up is getting messier.

#16 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:11 PM

It was kind of a pipe dream episode for Lucas--at least until the cat and mouse game transpired in the neigboring wheat field.

#17 of 28 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:11 PM

Well last weeks episode ending with the death of Jason Hood got Lucas putting the screws to Proctor this week. It looks like they spent some serious $$ blowing up the Ecstasy lab. I wonder what kind of blowback that'll bring. On another note, it looks like Job and Anna/Carrie is going to be pulling a heist to pay for the kiddo's hospital bill. I'm curious to see how that will play out.

#18 of 28 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 04:48 AM

I wonder if Proctor sells the Jason Hood hamburger or if it's fed to the dogs. Either way, it's a convenient way to get rid of a body when you own a meat processing plant. 

I wonder if Rebecca will be joining Hood to take down her uncle.

And where is Rabbit? Saving him for season 3?

And I can't remember but have we learned Hood's real name? I don't think it was ever mentioned.

#19 of 28 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 12:09 PM

This show gets more and more ridiculous with every episode...but for some reason I can't stop watching it.

Well, at least this week's "bald muscle-head of the week" didn't turn into yet another Hood beating.  He actually thought to use a gun this time!

And didn't Hood decapitate someone by way of tractor trailer last week?  Wasn't there a witness to that?  Like, you know, the driver of the tractor trailer?

I guess what happens in Banshee, stays in Banshee.

Also, very disappointed they killed off Zeljko Ivanek so soon.  He was a great addition to the show.  I can only assume it was because his schedule didn't permit (or that he was one of the only people that knew Hood's "secret").

#20 of 28 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 12:55 PM

Just as long as the Amish girl keeps getting screen time I'm committed to tuning in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users