What's new

PARAMOUNT--Are you ever going to release these films on bluray? (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
ORDINARY PEOPLE---Oscar winner 'best picture'- there is a good chance on this one. Why it has taking so long is beyond me.RAGTIME-- this Milos Forman is overdue for a release. ANGELAS ASHES----We need more films from Alan Parker on bluray. CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD---More films from Rhanda Hines please. PLAY IT AGAIN SAM--from director Herbert Ross. My God--many of his films are missing on bluray---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN---THE GOODBYE GIRL.[ Warner needs to release these] good luck on those]

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Would also like to see HEAVEN CAN WAIT and FOUL PLAY.

I think that the chances have gotten better that you will see
some of these titles released now that Warner is most likely
holding the rights to most of them. We have seen them announce
a plethora of Paramount titles over the past year.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Gunn(1967) starring Craig Stevens, Sherry Jackson, and Ed Asner, original score by Henry Mancini, screenplay by William Peter Blatty(The Exorcist), written and directed by Blake Edwards(The Pink Panther).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Timothy E said:
Gunn(1967) starring Craig Stevens, Sherry Jackson, and Ed Asner, original score by Henry Mancini, screenplay by William Peter Blatty(The Exorcist), written and directed by Blake Edwards(The Pink Panther).
Yes, I'd LOVE to see this one. I've never seen it in any medium: at the theater, on TV, or on home video. I've always been curious about it, but I've never gotten around to tracking it down for a viewing.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Is LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR a lost cause? I don't think it was ever released on dvd. Music rights issue? Does Paramount even own this?And talking of lost causes--will we ever see a special edition of 1492?[Ihave the German edition]

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Ronald Epstein said:
Would also like to see HEAVEN CAN WAIT and FOUL PLAY.

I think that the chances have gotten better that you will see
some of these titles released now that Warner is most likely
holding the rights to most of them. We have seen them announce
a plethora of Paramount titles over the past year.
Warner won't even release their own titles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No, Warner won't release their titles as to your liking or timeline.
Have to agree with that. I think Warner has been releasing a lot
of really good stuff over the past year. It's just not to everyone's
liking, but certainly, to most.

....and Warner has been greatly taking advantage of their Paramount
partnership so I am not concerned that a lot of this stuff won't get out.
I think Paramount made the partnership because they were having
problems getting their own stuff out (or found it rather costly).

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
I imagine Heaven Can Wait will come in the form of a Criterion upgrade.

*oh wait, you guys mean the other one. Nevermind!

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Robert Crawford said:
No, Warner won't release their titles as to your liking or timeline.
I will be 65 this year. My timeline might be a bit shorter than yours and how many years has bluray been out. Its not like the format started yesterday Regards Larry..

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I think Warners have stepped up the pace a little and are certainly putting some effort into the Goldwyn catalogue. However I would like to see some movement from their MGM musicals, RKO noir and Paramount VistaVision titles. In other words my 2014 wish list.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I'll add one in: BUGSY MALONE.I don't know if this is part of Warner Bros./Paramount's pact, but this is one I would buy in an instant. I saw it on CINEMOI less than a month before DirectTV kicked it off their airwaves, and it looked like a new HD master (I even managed to DVR it exactly two days before they pulled the channel, and still keep it because of it), so I hope it's in the cards for a future release. This was a notorious release back in the DVD era because Paramount planned and actually had copies made before being cancelling the release at the very last second. Not only that, but this is a film that is treated like royalty overseas in the UK while it gets the short shrift here in the US.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
trajan said:
I will be 65 this year. My timeline might be a bit shorter than yours and how many years has bluray been out. Its not like the format started yesterday Regards Larry..
Actually, you're not much older than me, but I have accepted the reality that my blu-ray release timeline will never be met by the studios. Without a doubt, many of my favorite films will never be on BD especially with the studios moving away from physical video formats.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Robert Crawford said:
Actually, you're not much older than me, but I have accepted the reality that my blu-ray release timeline will never be met by the studios. Without a doubt, many of my favorite films will never be on BD especially with the studios moving away from physical video formats.
Agreed

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Nelson Au said:
I'll have to continue to rally for the Directors Cut of Star Trek The Motion Picture! It's 35 years now.To quote Audrey Hepburn: Well, C'mon!
+1

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Looking For Mr. Goodbar is an interesting one regarding the music rights. It's my understanding that the VHS didn't go out of print until well into the 90s. I'm curious as to how it would have stayed in print so long if music rights were the problem.

It's a film I'd love to own. It occasionally shows up on Cinemax and was available for a time on Netflix but a Blu-Ray release would be a day-one purchase for me.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
They have always been Slow ,now they don't even bother ,and let Olive have a lot of the earlier films
It taking forever for the conformist to come out on BR and it took just as long for the dvd

Also why are the ones they do finally get to (witness) come out in other countries first ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks