Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dukes of Hazzard on Blu-ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 of 251 OFFLINE   Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Second Unit

• 384 posts

Posted August 07 2015 - 03:53 AM

I was SO happy when they came out with Seasons 4 & 5 on single-sided discs.  Then, for some reason, they reverted back to flippers for Season 6!

#242 of 251 OFFLINE   jcroy

jcroy

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted August 07 2015 - 04:12 AM

I was SO happy when they came out with Seasons 4 & 5 on single-sided discs.  Then, for some reason, they reverted back to flippers for Season 6!

I have no idea why they went back to flippers for season 6.

#243 of 251 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,441 posts

Posted August 08 2015 - 07:59 PM

I just want to let everyone know my copy of The Dukes came in the mail, and the opening sequence is INTACT. :thumbsup:

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

#244 of 251 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Supporting Actor

• 809 posts

Posted August 27 2015 - 05:23 PM

For those who are interested, Amazon now has all 7 seasons at very reasonable prices (I even cancelled my original order for season 7 at 25 bucks and reordered at 18 bucks).

Also, could someone who has the second season check something for me?  I have one of the first pressings of season 2, and on the episode "The Ghost of General Lee" I noticed a couple of things that struck me kinda odd.  First, it starts with the Warner logo, followed by the teaser.  At the end of the teaser, when Jesse says "This wake is for you..." the picture is a freeze frame while the sound plays normally.  Is there any truth to the rumor that Warner quietly fixed this? Thanks!

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them.

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

#245 of 251 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted August 28 2015 - 02:43 PM

POPULAR

So glad I bought a copy of the animated series, signed by James Best!

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#246 of 251 OFFLINE   JayHink

JayHink

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 02 2015 - 09:44 PM

So glad I bought a copy of the animated series, signed by James Best!

I'm happy I was able to get a signed copy as well. If I remember correctly, the first 400 copies were signed. Poor James; he probably needed to take a break or three signing all those covers!

#247 of 251 OFFLINE   JayHink

JayHink

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 02 2015 - 09:46 PM

Just a note - I received my season 7 today. It has the regular fold-out trays with 6 single sided discs. (Not sure if it was ever different, but this is what arrived for me today.)

#248 of 251 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,441 posts

Posted September 03 2015 - 04:11 AM

It looks like the firestorm of controversy about the Rebel Flag has simmered down.

I'm certain retailers enjoyed a pickup of sales from people fearing that this series was going to go OOP. (I was one of them).

Oh Well, on to the next controversy.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

#249 of 251 OFFLINE   stringbean

stringbean

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted September 03 2015 - 04:39 AM

It looks like the firestorm of controversy about the Rebel Flag has simmered down.

I'm certain retailers enjoyed a pickup of sales from people fearing that this series was going to go OOP. (I was one of them).

Oh Well, on to the next controversy.

On what do you base your assumptions on? I'm a great believer in links to sources of news to back up what somebody says or is this just a hunch of yours?

#250 of 251 OFFLINE   Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts
  • LocationGlendale, California

Posted September 03 2015 - 05:39 AM

Just now, I was on Warner Archive on Facebook, and I asked them about the Enos spin-off. I also reminded them not to let the Confederate flag controversy of its parent series get the better of them. They said that the only hurdles are clearance issues and mastering.

#251 of 251 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,781 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 03 2015 - 06:02 AM

On what do you base your assumptions on? I'm a great believer in links to sources of news to back up what somebody says or is this just a hunch of yours?

How would you provide a link to something like that? It's not like Warners is going to send out a press release saying that a product that's been available for years is still available. It's just common sense that if they were going to pull it out of print in an obvious attempt to look like they cared about something, they'd have done it by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users