Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CBS Press Release: Joanie Loves Chachi: The Complete Series

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,276 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 09:40 AM

chach.jpeg

JOANIE LOVES CHACHI

THE COMPLETE SERIES

Fan-Favorite Series Arrives On DVD For The First Time Ever
February 4th From CBS Home Entertainment And
 Paramount Home Media Distribution

Street Date: 2/4/13

DVD SRP: $29.99 U.S.

Romance is in the air just in time for Valentine’s Day when JOANIE LOVES CHACHI: THE COMPLETE SERIES arrives on DVD February 4th from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution. Starring Scott Baio and Erin Moran in their roles as young teenagers in love, the new collection marks the very first time the series becomes available on DVD.

Created by Garry Marshall (Happy DaysLaverne & Shirley) and Lowell Ganz (Laverne & ShirleyJOANIE LOVES CHACHI: THE COMPLETE SERIES includes all 17 episodes of the classic show in a three-disc collection.

Set in the 1960s, the spin-off to Happy Days follows Joanie Cunningham (Moran) and Chachi Arcola (Baio) as they move to Chicago and start a rock band. Often performing at Chachi’s family's Italian restaurant, every episode of the beloved TV comedy is filled with romance and unforgettable musical numbers.

JOANIE LOVE CHACHI: THE COMPLETE SERIES will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.99 US and $33.99 CAN.  The DVD is presented in 4x3 full frame with English Mono audio and English SDH subtitles. It is Not Rated in the U.S. and rated G in Canada.  The total running time is approximately 6 hours and 50 minutes.  The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:

• Chicago
  • The Performance
  • I Do, I Don’t, I Do
  • College Days 

Disc Two:

• Fonzie’s Visit
  • Joanie’s Roommate
  • One-On-One
  • No Nudes Is Good Nudes
  • Everybody Loves Aunt Vanessa
  • Beatlemania
  • Best Foot Foward

Disc Three:

• Goodbye Delvecchio’s, Hello World
  • Term Paper
  • My Dinner With Chachi
  • Christmas Show
  • First Love, Last Love
  • The Elopement

JOANIE LOVES CHACHI: THE COMPLETE SERIES - DVD BASICS

• Street Date: February 4, 2014
  • Rating: Not Rated
  • Runtime: Approximately 6 hours 50 minutes
  • Pricing: $29.99
  •  
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,176 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 06 2014 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone know yet if there are music replacements and/or edited scenes to remove music?

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,663 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 10:13 AM

Since it's a CBS title, it's practically a guarantee that there will be edits and music replacements. It seems that the only CBS titles that haven't been edited are those that are licensed out to other companies like Shout! Factory or VEI.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I wish CBS wouldn't be so harsh when it cam to music.

Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 07:20 AM

For people who've never seen this show or haven't seen it in decades, you can check out some of the episodes (if you dare) on YouTube:

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 10:39 AM

No wonder all of it fits in one set, by the time Constantly Butchering is done there will only be maybe an hour or two left of footage, if the music content is to be what I remember it to be. 

"Beatlemania"?  I wonder how they'll get out of this one...

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,276 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 07 2014 - 02:34 PM

This is a show about music, so they'll probably leave something.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users