What's new

Philips Hue (lighting) (1 Viewer)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I have been a sucker for ambient lighting for what feels like forever. I had in my car and I have it currently in my home theater setup so it comes at no surprise that Hue caught my eye. I was just wondering if anyone else is using Hue and if so how bright can you set the lights to and is it easy to use?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"Bright" depends on the luminance you pick(they are settable anywhere from 4k to 6.5k.

Or did you mean how dim can they get? They can go completely dark.

$200 for three bulbs and the bridge though...yikes.

Lowe's near us has them on display.(not for sale there though...on a roving display tour)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I was trying to figure out whether they will light up my room better or at least as good as my current lights. My current lights are 23 watt luminescent bulbs.

Yeah, the $200 dollar initial set is a bit pricey. Thanks for the tip on Lowe's. I;ll have to check them out there.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Im hearing there is quite a bit competition on the horizon for hue. Hopefully that means prices will drop soon.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I saw hue at an apple store down in troy, mi. They look and feel like they have a great build quality, but they did not have any lit up. I was surprised they had a whole wall dedicated to them, but did not think to have one out and on for u to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks