Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Whats Your Favorite K-Cup?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 of 53 OFFLINE   John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 09:46 AM

I dont like the hot chocolate cups. they aren't anything more then the same thing that's in the hot coco packets and these cups don't dissolve all the powder out of the k-cup into the mug

I strictly drink the hot chocolate and have never experienced this. Plus, the packets hold a h*ll of a lot more powder than the K-cups.

The only draw-back to the hot chocolate is hat you have to run a cycle of plain hot water after brewing. Maybe you got a bad batch?

Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#42 of 53 OFFLINE   DaveMcS

DaveMcS

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted January 08 2014 - 06:31 AM

We are big fan's of Green mountains Nantucket Blend. I also enjoy the Folger's Classic Roast as well

#43 of 53 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 08 2014 - 06:48 AM

I drink regular, decaf coffee. It's surprising, but it's often hard to find. So many places serve Espresso, creamy, hazelnut. vanilla flavored coffees that they look at me like I'm some kind of alien species. You want what? Don't think we even do that.

I've got a great coffee maker at home, set to a timer, grinds whole beans and does a great job, so just make my own for now.

That basically describes what I do. Because I drink mainly decaf, or a 65/35 blend of decaf/real coffee, I like really strong tasting coffee. I used to mainly get Starbuck's Verona Decaf, which was an extremely rich and strong flavor. But Starbucks has really scaled back their operation. They no longer sell the Verona decaf, and the only decafs I ever see there are Espresso, Sumatra or Pike's Place.

Like you, I use a grinder, both at home and in the office. In my office, I use a Black & Decker 1-cup maker, or a Keurig (I have one of each). I bought the Keurig a year ago as an after Xmas sale item. I thought it would be my primary office coffee maker; but K-cups are too expensive for that purpose. My wife and I have a Keurig at home that we like for an extra cup after we polish off a pot, or if she wants a 100% cup of real coffee, or if someone wants a cup when we don't have a pot ready. Quality-wise, I have to say the Barista Prima Decaf Italian Roast K-cup is as great-tasting a cup of coffee as I have ever had or ever made.

#44 of 53 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 12:19 PM

My wife and I have had our machine for about 2 years now.  I dont think I would be exaggerating if said we have put close to a thousand cups through it.  We use it a LOT.  It is great to have a nice variety for when people come over.  

Our current favorite is the Tim Horton's brand.  Tastes great and is also a very good deal!

Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#45 of 53 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted January 17 2014 - 09:49 AM

Folgers black silk Green mountain donut shop Walmart great value donut shop Newmans own French market coffee and chicory Milstone fog lifter Givalia colombian My 4 year old daughter likes Swiss miss cocoa which is her "coffee." Tullys regular roast REV although it makes me feel line I'm gonna have a heart attack so I don't drink it anymore I hate any and all French roast. I have yet to have one that didn't taste like a coffee pot left on the warmer too long

#46 of 53 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,025 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 17 2014 - 09:54 AM

I bought my wife the Vue last year for Christmas.  Good:  It's decent cup of coffee.   Bad:  Finding "V" cups is a hell of a lot harder then finding K cups. :(

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#47 of 53 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,239 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted January 17 2014 - 10:15 AM

Still trying out a few different ones.  I earlier said I liked my first box of the Dunkin' Donuts some months ago.  Well, I just bought another, and this time, after having been drinking the Starbucks House and Breakfast Blends a lot recently, the Dunkin' is now tasting kind of ordinary and a little bit "dirty" to me.  I'm still getting some of that identifiable Dunkin' flavor, but the quality of the cup in general isn't so much to my liking.  Go figure.

#48 of 53 OFFLINE   Northgun

Northgun

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 21 2014 - 09:03 PM

I didnt have easy access to dunkin donuts, being that all of them closed recently in my area. I did manage to find some tim hortons coffee which has been pretty amazing when combined with cold stone sweet creamer

#49 of 53 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 22 2014 - 11:32 AM

That Morning Fog from BJs is strong stuff. The same company had another flavor at BJs whose name escapes me. Some kind of South American blend IIRC. I like the more environmentally friendly pods. My parents brought some local New England brand (it might actually be something like "New England") down with them, and it comes in the same type of pod. I figured that maybe they're coming into more widespread use.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#50 of 53 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,634 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted January 23 2014 - 11:04 AM

That Morning Fog from BJs is strong stuff. The same company had another flavor at BJs whose name escapes me. Some kind of South American blend IIRC. I like the more environmentally friendly pods. My parents brought some local New England brand (it might actually be something like "New England") down with them, and it comes in the same type of pod. I figured that maybe they're coming into more widespread use.

I think that's the Foglifter and Rainforest Blend from San Francisco Bay coffee at BJ's. I like those. They're about $10 less per box (80 ct) than the other brands, as well.

Tried some cups from the Brooklyn Bean Roastery recently and wasn't impressed. Quite weak. The Melitta cups I bought recently are pretty good, but nothing special.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#51 of 53 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 23 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yep, those are the names. They're even cheaper than the Kirkland (Costco store brand) cups!

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#52 of 53 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted January 23 2014 - 03:40 PM

That basically describes what I do. Because I drink mainly decaf, or a 65/35 blend of decaf/real coffee, I like really strong tasting coffee. I used to mainly get Starbuck's Verona Decaf, which was an extremely rich and strong flavor. But Starbucks has really scaled back their operation. They no longer sell the Verona decaf, and the only decafs I ever see there are Espresso, Sumatra or Pike's Place.

Like you, I use a grinder, both at home and in the office. In my office, I use a Black & Decker 1-cup maker, or a Keurig (I have one of each). I bought the Keurig a year ago as an after Xmas sale item. I thought it would be my primary office coffee maker; but K-cups are too expensive for that purpose. My wife and I have a Keurig at home that we like for an extra cup after we polish off a pot, or if she wants a 100% cup of real coffee, or if someone wants a cup when we don't have a pot ready. Quality-wise, I have to say the Barista Prima Decaf Italian Roast K-cup is as great-tasting a cup of coffee as I have ever had or ever made.

I started drinking decaf about 20 years ago.

I was at a business seminar, drinking their coffee when my heart started beating faster and I just felt really strange. Then a bit later, I could literally hear and feel the blood rushing through my body, especially near my ears.

Ever since then, decaf only.

Stan

#53 of 53 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,109 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted January 26 2014 - 05:54 PM

I bought my wife the Vue last year for Christmas.  Good:  It's decent cup of coffee.   Bad:  Finding "V" cups is a hell of a lot harder then finding K cups. :(

Have you tried the Green Mountain Coffee club?

http://www.greenmoun...leItem=Vue#back

I use their regular refill service for K-Cups. And if you do like variety, you can change up what you get every re-order cycle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users