What's new

Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness -OPPO 103 Issues? (1 Viewer)

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
I finally picked up the Full Disclosure blu-ray of Apocalypse Now and went to watch disc 3, the Heart of Darkness disc, it would not load with my Oppo 103, that has the latest firmware that came down about 10 days ago, give or take. Just wondering if anyone is seeing the same issue? I got it to work on my older Panasonic player fine, and the other 2 discs from the set work fine on the Oppo as well.I was excited that this latest update finally corrected the Longest Day loading issue with the Oppo, but then I got this one instead. This is the type of thing that has been incredibly frustrating with blu-ray, no it doesn't happen often, but if a disc is not damaged it should just play and not have these stupid Java issues.So am I just a lucky one, or does anyone else have this issue?ThanksRay

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Now that is puzzeling, I've inspected my disc and it's not damaged. Wonder why mine won't load? I had hoped it would be an issue with the latest firmware, but if not, I guess I need to look into an exchange with Amazon. Still frustrating since it does play fine on the Panasonic, but not the Oppo.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
rayman1701 said:
Now that is puzzeling, I've inspected my disc and it's not damaged. Wonder why mine won't load? I had hoped it would be an issue with the latest firmware, but if not, I guess I need to look into an exchange with Amazon. Still frustrating since it does play fine on the Panasonic, but not the Oppo.
I would contact oppo and see if they can help you.

Jacob

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Magnús Þorsteinn Magnússon said:
Make sure BD-Live is turned OFF!
Oh, it is. Just puzzling it is only disc 3 and doesn't load/play on the Oppo, but will the older Panasonic. I'll shoot Oppo a question probably tomorrow after the holiday.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
rayman1701 said:
Oh, it is. Just puzzling it is only disc 3 and doesn't load/play on the Oppo, but will the older Panasonic. I'll shoot Oppo a question probably tomorrow after the holiday.
Oppo has been known to answer on the holidays and weekends.

Jacob

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Magnús Þorsteinn Magnússon said:
Make sure BD-Live is turned OFF!
You know this just stuck in my head since I saw it. When I first replied I was sure it was off, then I remembered that firmware upgrade that had to reset all settings to default, and since I didn't remember turning it on, I thought it was off. Well, I finally decided to check, sure enough it was on "Limited", so I set it to off, and what do you know, it loaded right up! That's just one of the few things that bugs me about the whole blu-ray format, if you are gonna have something like BD Live, then it shouldn't "break" the player and not load the damn disc. I mean, how many times has this made people return perfectly good discs or bought another player and all it was, was a software conflict that most average Joes don't even know how to diagnose.Thanks for the tips, and I made sure to note it if it comes up some time in the future.Ray

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I remember the very first BD-Live demo(I sold wholesale, so I saw it 6 months ahead)...

Whatever Disney disc it was had some music tracks and kid games. After 5 attempts to get it to work(I was in charge of the network, so "ability to get on the net" wasn't the problem) the demonstrtion turned into showing us the "follow along bullet point" sheet with pictures.

Color all of us in attendance...not impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.