Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Happy 2014!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,155 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think this is the first time I've worked on New Years Eve since high school; but only half day. I've got chili going in the crockpot; next up is eggnog. Friends over for dinner and games.

Two years ago, I was changing jobs and living in a hotel. Last year, we were moving into a new home. This year, we're enjoying a normal and stable New Years Eve, with some new friends, welcoming in 2014.

How about you?
  • TonyD likes this

#2 of 16 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,025 posts

Posted December 31 2013 - 01:03 PM

I had a great Christmas, also with new friends.

New Years Eve will be spent alone with my dog and cat, peace and quiet, watching "The Walking Dead" marathon. Sounds pathetic, but sometimes we all need some "alone" time", I'm looking forward to it.

Plenty of parties, but I just need a little quiet time.

Stan

#3 of 16 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,345 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 31 2013 - 02:12 PM

We are just having a couple of friends over for dinner, drinks and games. We stopped going out many years ago. Happy New Year to everyone at HTF.
  • Stan likes this

#4 of 16 atfree

atfree

Second Unit

• 308 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted December 31 2013 - 02:29 PM

Same here...few friends and family over for dinner and cocktails. Too many crazies out tonight so I decided I'd reduce the number by 1!
  • Stan likes this

#5 of 16 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,609 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 31 2013 - 09:56 PM

Took this year off and watched Seacrest for 20 mins or so. Billy Joel was cool I guess, and I wish Macklemore all the success in the world, but those shows mostly make me hate mankind. =)

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#6 of 16 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,155 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:11 PM

A nice evening. "Games" became one long game, and much too much good food! Watched the last few minutes of ABC ball drop and cheered in the new year. Friends left, and I watched a 30 Rock rerun to unwind.

#7 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,746 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:13 PM

Took this year off and watched Seacrest for 20 mins or so. Billy Joel was cool I guess, and I wish Macklemore all the success in the world, but those shows mostly make me hate mankind. =)

Board games and family at the Frezon home tonight.

I, too, watched me some of the Clark/Seacrest show tonight.  I was in full-blown "old man" mode.  Not only didn't I know most of the performers...but has it really gotten to the point where now the male country performers (Florida Georgia Line) are also grabbing their crotches every few seconds???  speechless-smiley-034.gif

:biggrin:

• Scott Merryfield and Stan like this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#8 of 16 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,991 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:37 PM

HNY

We stayed home. People drivîng around orlando are crazy enough no need to be out there tonight.
Watched a little of all the tv shows but mostly CNN with cooper and Griffen.
They were on mostly by themselves and were very understated and a little silly while the other shows were mostly bombast, loud and obnoxious.

facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 16 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,433 posts

Posted December 31 2013 - 10:51 PM

Happy New Year! May all your movie viewing experiences in 2014 be devoid of excessive DNR, in the right aspect ratio with proper color timing and on a calibrated display.
  • DaveF likes this

#10 of 16 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,546 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 03:51 AM

Last weekend our new - now 1-year old - granddaughter Benthe stayed at our home, together with our daughter and son-in-law. My son, as well as my sister and brother visited us on Saturday (mainly to see Benthe's progress in life).

Hardly necessary to tell how sweet (and cute, and clever, and ..oh, stop it old fool) Benthe is now.

New Year's Eve was quiet for us and very relaxed. We stayed up until 2:00. A very prosperous 2014 to all of you!

Cees

CL8_0468_DxOc800.jpg

• Scott Merryfield likes this

#11 of 16 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,345 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:03 AM

Board games and family at the Frezon home tonight.

I, too, watched me some of the Clark/Seacrest show tonight.  I was in full-blown "old man" mode.  Not only didn't I know most of the performers...but has it really gotten to the point where now the male country performers (Florida Georgia Line) are also grabbing their crotches every few seconds???  speechless-smiley-034.gif

:biggrin:

I've felt that way the past several years when we turn on ABC to watch the ball drop. I have never heard of most of the people -- although I did recognize Deborah Harry last night. :)

The music concert TV station Palladia was showing an Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival marathon of all four concerts, so we had that on in the background while we ate and played games. I have the 2004 and 2013 concerts, but had not seen the other two. The '07 concert was so good that I ordered it this morning.

#12 of 16 Northgun

Northgun

Stunt Coordinator

• 196 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 01 2014 - 09:23 AM

Happy New Years to you all too! My wife and I went over my Uncle's house for a new years party and then a bunch of us came back to my place to finish the evening playing some games. It was pretty fun. Just wish my wife didn't have to go to work at 7 am today, it put her in a sour mode after midnight and I'd imagine she'll still be that way when she gets home at 2 today.

#13 of 16 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,499 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted January 01 2014 - 12:32 PM

I can't believe we have to do this all over again! :biggrin:

HNY!

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#14 of 16 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,779 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 02 2014 - 07:51 AM

Happy New Year! Spent a low-key 31st at home, sipping a nice single-malt scotch and watching Life of Pi with my wife and mom who's visiting from Vermont. Yesterday, (the 1st) marked the 10th anniversary of my wife and my first date. We enjoyed a nice Thai dinner at the same restaurant and came home almost uncomfortably full.

Here's hoping 2014 is a good one for everyone!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#15 of 16 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,556 posts

Posted January 02 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hope the new year finds everyone here happy and prosperous. I normally don't celebrate it myself. I always find the new year is pretty well the same as the old one.

"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#16 of 16 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,694 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted January 02 2014 - 01:54 PM

We stayed at home as we do most years. Since I had to get up at 3AM the morning of the 31st, I was asleep well before midnight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users