What's new

Pure Acoustics Supernova? (1 Viewer)

diceman1000

Stunt Coordinator
I keep seeing the Supernova stuff on sale but can't find a lot of reviews. I'm looking at the 140 floor standing speakers and matching center, any experienced opinions would be awesomeSent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
diceman1000 said:
Theyre very cheap and very unknown, as you might have figured by the lack of responses. If thats your budget I would recommend the Infinity Primus line instead. Theyre also very cheap but theyre also well-known, reviewed and measured.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Yeah, maybe the OP can post more details on where he's getting them. When I googled it, I instinctively glossed over the retail links looking for what seemed to be a manufacturer's page to get a sense of the specs...

I see now they definitely seem like more of a mainstream, entry-level speaker option.

If the OP can post a budget and location, maybe we can offer some additional options worth auditioning.

To the OP: You are listening to as many speakers as you can to get a sense for what sort of sound you prefer, correct?

diceman1000

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just looking to upgraded my LRC in my HT. I'm currently running an Onkyo TX SR508 with an Infinity TSS-450 5.1 speaker setup. I'm in the US and my budget is about $300. I live in a rural area with zero access to demos so the interney is my best option.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pure Acoustics is the "American equivalent" of Fluance.

There are no reviews...cause nobody cares to review them. Fluance is at least Canadian where..."Cheap Canadian" means more than "Cheap American".

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Speaking of Canadian...I would search "Paradigm Atom" on google, be impressed with all the positive reviews you read, and then go buy yourself 5 used Atoms on Fleabay for $300. :lol:

Thats assuming you didnt like my previous Infinity Primus suggestion...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are 5 atoms on Fleabay for $300?

Edit:

Just looked. It would be 3 pairs at roughly $100/piece( +- shipping) and two pairs(on there now) are a disaster.

But a whole set of disaster Atom's are still better than many...

Not to mention, based on the cheapest three...

A pair each of wood, black and white...

diceman1000

Stunt Coordinator
schan1269 said:
Pure Acoustics is the "American equivalent" of Fluance.There are no reviews...cause nobody cares to review them. Fluance is at least Canadian where..."Cheap Canadian" means more than "Cheap American".
I've been looking at Fluance too:)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd pass on Pure Acoustics. At least Fluance has a trial period(or at least they did).

There is a review on here of, I think, the SX series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks