What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-24-2013 and 12-31-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

Posted Image

– ScarlettJohansson(Don Jon – 2013)

Posted Image

– Ashley Greene(CBGB – 2013)

Posted Image

– Rose Byrne(Insidious 2– 2013) 

Posted Image

–Leslie Bibb (Hell Baby– 2013) 

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
24-Dec
- The Berlin File (Crime, Drama) Pre-Order $26.98
Caesar Must Die (Kino)  $27.98
- Insidious Chapter 2 (Horror) Pre-Order $19.99 $18.99 $17.99
More Than Honey (Kino)  $27.98
Una Noche (MPI)  $22.98
31-Dec
- CBGB (Biography, Drama) Pre-Order $14.98
- Don Jon (Romance) Pre-Order $14.96
- Hell Baby (Comedy) Pre-Order $17.98
- Himalaya: Kino Classics RemasteredEdition (Drama) Pre-Order $27.98
Love, Marilyn $26.96
- Ninja II: Shadow of a Tear (Action,Crime, Thriller) Pre-Order $16.98
Shaolin Warrior (Lions Gate)  $14.96
Sister (Kino)  $27.98

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
24-Dec
- Insidious Chapter 2 (Combo Pack) (Horror) Pre-Order $24.99 $24.99 $22.99
More Than Honey [Blu-ray] (Kino)  $31.46
31-Dec
- CBGB (Biography, Drama) Pre-Order $21.24
- Don Jon (Romance) Pre-Order $17.99
- Hell Baby (Comedy) Pre-Order $21.23
- Himalaya: Kino Classics RemasteredEdition (Drama) Pre-Order $31.46
- Ninja II: Shadow of a Tear (Action,Crime, Thriller) Pre-Order $22.48

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

[font=" Arial;"]--This week, two weeks ofRoundUpfor the price of one!  What a bargain!  MerryChristmas andHappy NewYear!  See ya all in January! 

--AtBest Buy, this week, They are advertising a Blu-ray two-pack of moviesInsidious 1 and Insidious 2 for $24.99.  And this is the weekwhenInsidious 2 is being released...at the Best Buy price of $24.99. Gofigure.

--Thefollowing recentreleases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwisenoted):[/font]

$8.99: We're the Millers

$9.99: The World's End

$12.99: We're the Millers (Blu), The World's End (Blu)

$14.99: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, The Wolverine

$18.99: Fast & Furious 6,Despicable Me 2

$19.99: The Wolverine (Blu), PercyJackson: Sea of Monsters (Blu)

$22.99: Fast & Furious 6(Blu), Despicable Me 2 (Blu)

$24.99: The Wolverine (3-D Blu),Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (3-D Blu)

$29.99: Despicable Me 2 (3-D Blu)

--BestBuy is also advertising the following sale items broken down into thefolllowing categories/prices (all DVD unless otherwise specified):

$9.99(Movies & TV Seasons): Taken 2 (Blu), Weeds: Season 7, Hatfields & McCoys, Prometheus (Blu), Love Actually (Blu), Firefly.

$12.99(Blu-ray Movies):  2 Guns,Oblivion, The Conjuring, Pacific Rim, Gatsby, R.I.P.D.

$14.99(Movies & TV Seasons): Archer: Season 3 (Blu), Now You See Me, Silver LiningsPlaybook,Django Unchained, 2 Broke Girls: Season 2, Grimm: Season 1

$16.99(TV Seasons on DVD): Vampire Diaries: Season 4, Revolution: Season 1, Warehouse13:Season 4,  Covert Affairs: Season 3, Chicago Fire: Season 1,Person of Interest: Season  2.  

--AndBBhas the following "Big Gifts"  advertised this week:

$9.99: Man of Steel (Blu)

$24.99: The Hobbit: An UnexpectedJourney EE (Blu)

$29.99: Breaking Bad: Final Season, Dexter: Final Season.

$34.99: Breaking Bad: Final Season(Blu), Dexter: Final Season (Blu)

$54.99: Full House: Complete Series

$74.99: Dark Knight UltimateCollection (Blu)

$79.99: Star Wars Complete Saga(Blu)

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Intheir Sunday flyer (to appear December 22), Target is advertising thefollowing   (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$9.00:  We're the Millers, Hangover Part III, Gatsby.

$13.00: We're the Millers (Blu), Hangover Part III (Blu), Gatsby(Blu), Man of Steel (Blu)

$14.99: Pain & Gain (Blu)

$16.99: The Wolverine, This Is the End

$17.99: Red 2 (Blu)

$19.99: After Earth (Blu), White House Down (Blu), Grown Ups (Blu)

$22.99: Escape from Planet Earth (Blu).

--Alsoin the 12-22 Sunday flyer, the following TV on DVD titles are listed:

$5.99: Saved By the Bell: Seasons 1 & 2 (together)

$7.99: Duck Dynasty: Season 3, I Love Lucy: Christmas Show

$9.99: The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1, The Brady Bunch: S1

$17.99: Supernatural: Season 8

$19.99: True Blood: Season 5, Boardwalk Empire: S3

$24.99: Breaking Bad: Final Season, Once Upon a Time: S2, Under theDome - Miniseries.

$27.99: Game of Thrones: S2, Bones: Season 8, Castle: Season 5

--Targetis also advertising the following titles on 12-22 (all DVD unlessotherwise noted):

$14.99: Classic Cartoon Collection, The Three Stooges (PremiumCollector's Edition)

$17.99: The Sound of Music (Blu Combo Pack)

$32.99: Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu)

$34.99: Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu)

$39.99: Indiana Jones Collection (Blu)

--In another flyer coming out on Thursday, December 26th, Target isadvertising the following Blu titles:

$15.00:  Elysium, 2 Guns

$20.00: Despicable Me 2, Fast & Furious 6, Percy Jackson: Seaof Monsters, One Direction, R.I.P.D.

Also $10 DVDs:  Hunger Games, The Hobbit, An UnexpectedJourney, Pitch Perfect, Silver Linings Playbook.

--In that 12-26 flyer, Target also has the following TV titles listed(all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$14.99: NewGirl: Season 2

$16.99: Glee:Season 4

$19.99: ModernFamily: S4, Big Bang Theory: Season 6, NCIS: Season 10, Dexter: FinalSeason, Walking Dead: S3, Homeland: S2.

$24.99: Sonsof Anarchy: Season 5, Glee: Season 5 (Blu), American HorrorStory-Asylum: S2, Homeland: S2 (Blu).

$27.99: ModernFamily: S4 (Blu), Walking Dead: S3 (Blu), Dexter: Final Season (Blu).

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Merry Christmas everyone!

xmas.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw Insidious 2 on the shelf Saturday at Books-a-Million. Of course it was at the ridiculous price of $32.99, so it stayed there. I'll purchase somewhere else at a later date.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Considering the used movies and music I've been picking up at an alarming rate over the last few days, saying "nothing for me" is going to be a lie. So I'll just say "no new releases" for me and not lie to all you fine folks!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
possibly World's End (blu) at BB for that $12.99. Do we know the time period for that price - just before Christmas, or all week?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good question, David. I'm glad you asked.

The prices in the Best Buy flyer (quoted above) are good from 12-22 through 12-28.

The first round of Target prices (from the Sunday, 12-22 flyer) are only good through Christmas Eve. Target stores are closed on Christmas Day and then the 12-26 flyer prices are good through the end of the week.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike, for these two weeks and for all the fifty prior weeks!

You know it's a slow time of year when I have this many days off in a row with nothing to review. I'm not slated for a new title until Don Jon week after next. But I'll likely throw in a Fox MOD title or two just to keep my hand in.

Happy Holidays to All!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Malcolm R said:
Saw Insidious 2 on the shelf Saturday at Books-a-Million. Of course it was at the ridiculous price of $32.99, so it stayed there. I'll purchase somewhere else at a later date.
We moved to Fla this year and before that never heard of BAM.

I joined the club to get a coupon and a discount on a book but after looking at the prices of the movies I doubt that I will ever buy any there.Their movie prices seem higher then anywhere else i have ever seen including the Old Borders in store prices.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up Insidious Chapter 2 at some point.

I have no interest in seeing it but Hell Baby has to have the best title of any movie in years.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a brief update...based on this weekend's Best Buy and Target flyers.

--This week's Best Buy flyer shows a price of $14.99 DVD/$17.99 Blu on Don Jon. That is the only new release listed.

--BB also lists the following prices on recent releases:

Prisoners: $19.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu
Despicable Me 2: $22.99 Blu/$29.99 3-D Blu
Fast & Furious 6: $18.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu

--BB also lists some $9.99 Fitness DVDs.

--In this week's Target flyer, the only media listed are some $4 DVDs.

Happy New Year everyone!
party-smiley-029.gif

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I haven't received the Don Jon review copy yet, but I am slated to get it at some point this week. Holidays sometimes play havoc with mail delivery even with UPS and FedEx.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Even without anything new being released, I've managed to buy 10 "new" discs over the last few days thanks to a Blockbuster going out of business. And Lone Ranger with coupon last week. And Justice League S1 from Amazon ($15). I was hoping to go home with less than I came to MI with...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks