Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Thor: The Dark World (3D Blu-Ray Combo) (Blu-Ray Combo) Available for Preorder

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,085 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 09:24 PM

51OyxGeu8jL._SY300_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 457 posts
  • LocationTBA

Posted January 02 2014 - 12:53 PM

[*]‘All Hail the King: A Marvel One-Shot’ (13:13)
    [*]A Brother’s Journey: Thor and Loki (30:16) — In this 30 minute feturette, go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast as we 
    explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and 
    journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world.

[*]Exclusive Look: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3:23) — Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain 
    America franchise and its incredible cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director 
    Nick Fury, Chris Evans, our hero Steve Rogers, his new ally Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon played by Anthony Mackie, and a mysterious 
    enemy from the past…the Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.

[*]Scoring Thor: The Dark World with Bryan Tyler (5:05) — Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler 
    for a look at the creation of the movie’s stunning original score.

[*]Deleted/Extended Scenes:

[*]Extended Celebration Scene (Optional commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau) (1:32)
      [*]Jane Learns About the Aether (Optional commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau) (1:38)
      [*]Loki: The First Avenger (Optional commentary by Tom Hiddleston) (1:00)
      [*]Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki (Optional commentary by Kevin Feige) (1:07)
      [*]Dark Elves Prepare for Battle (Optional commentary by Kevin Feige) (:19)
      [*]Extended Vanaheim Scene (1:42)
      [/list][*]Gag Real (3:18)
      [*]Thor: The Dark World Audio Commentary with Director Alan Taylor, Producer Kevin Feige, Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and 
      Cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau

[/list]

Edited by Ruly2, January 02 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,146 posts

Posted January 03 2014 - 05:54 AM

No Marvel short? How disappointing! 

Nevertheless, this is a great movie, and I look forward to it on blu-ray. 

I did see a rumor on the Thor Movie Facebook page that the discs are being released Feb. 25, with download on Feb. 4.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 03 2014 - 08:47 AM

No Marvel short? How disappointing! 

Nevertheless, this is a great movie, and I look forward to it on blu-ray. 

I did see a rumor on the Thor Movie Facebook page that the discs are being released Feb. 25, with download on Feb. 4.

Sam, the first bullet point I see is a Marvel One Shot (All Hail the King).  Is that what you mean?

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,146 posts

Posted January 03 2014 - 03:56 PM

Ack! Of course it is! That's what I get for reading while distracted!

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,146 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 01:45 PM

Disney is not releasing Thor: The Dark World in Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs as previously announced. Instead, there will be a BD3D/Blu-Ray set, a single BD, and a single DVD. 

From the Digital Bits:

http://thedigitalbit...nts/021114_1215

Not sure what Disney is up to, but they look like they are trying to reshape the 3D/BD/DVD market.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,441 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:44 PM

Good! I'm getting a little sick of all those Disney DVD coasters in my collection.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:52 PM

Disney is not releasing Thor: The Dark World in Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs as previously announced. Instead, there will be a BD3D/Blu-Ray set, a single BD, and a single DVD. 

From the Digital Bits:

Not sure what Disney is up to, but they look like they are trying to reshape the 3D/BD/DVD market.

Honestly, I think Disney is trying anything to figure out what combination of discs/material works the best.  First the Frozen 3D is a retailer exclusive here in the States (at least initially) and now the DVD is taken out of the BD 3D package.  They're really trying...

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,892 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 12 2014 - 05:50 AM

From the Digital Bits:

I hope this means the price for the single BD version will come down. I still have not purchased Iron Man 3 due to the high price, and wasn't planning on getting this title anytime soon either for the same reason.

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,146 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 06:08 AM

Anyone know if the single blu-ray will have all the extras?

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,325 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 14 2014 - 07:28 AM

Anyone know if the single blu-ray will have all the extras?

See my review of the single disc here. It lists everything that is on the disc.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 08:08 AM

Well I am actually disappointed.I have gotten used to getting the all included combo packs. 3D BD for home, DVD for car and digital copy for whenever out or in a hotel room to view from my iPad or Apple TV. It should at least be an option or even a mailing option for an extra $3/$5. No way I am paying another $20-$30 to buy a DVD of a BD I just bought. Older Disney releases had BD and DVD as a combo but no digital copy. I was happy they added it. Now they shave the digital copy but no DVD. Won't feel complete but I can live with it. I one thing for sure though, there better be an obvious price difference...Not holding my breath.
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Lucas

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hello all---

I'm curious if the 3D Blu-Ray Combo of this title is hard to find in any other parts of the US.  I live outside of Houston, and I've been to one Best Buy, two Wal-Marts, and a local Target, and none of them have any stock.  They all have shelf space and signage, but no 3D Combo sets [lots and lots of the single-disc version, though].

Regards,

matt

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hello all---

I'm curious if the 3D Blu-Ray Combo of this title is hard to find in any other parts of the US.  I live outside of Houston, and I've been to one Best Buy, two Wal-Marts, and a local Target, and none of them have any stock.  They all have shelf space and signage, but no 3D Combo sets [lots and lots of the single-disc version, though].

Like most who've given up trying to buy 3D combos at box retails, I usually check Amazon instead:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00HERGM86/

Honestly, I think Disney is trying anything to figure out what combination of discs/material works the best.  First the Frozen 3D is a retailer exclusive here in the States (at least initially) and now the DVD is taken out of the BD 3D package.  They're really trying...

Like the failed Oz experiment (huh?...What for they release one disk, what for, huh?), they're realizing that the 5-disk package was just a series of now-obsolete rituals that was cutting their own throat.  And since the Thor disk, nine months later, now seems to have the combination we asked for, at a good price, I'd say they were taking notes from the experiment, and wouldn't call it a "failure".

They're trying to figure out what's the minimum they can get by on a well-stocked retail combo, and still keep it within a "reasonable" $25-30 price point, and getting rid of the Digital Copy hard-disk was just the beginning.  Since the 3D is more of a niche title, they're now experimenting with providing the DVD just for the mass-market 2D edition.

(And yes, there were folks who complained about that too, with the Oz disk, but the market seems to have arranged itself nicely--3D+2D, and 2D+DVD, and save the Digital HD for the Reward codes.)

And if their releasing a full-blown 3D combo collection on 2/25 is "proof" that they've "given up" on 3D forever with the more popular Frozen three weeks later on 3/18...that sure must've been some quick snap-decision.   :blink:

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,441 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 02:41 PM

Maybe they finally realized we all have enough coasters in our collections.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 27 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hello all---

Regards,

matt

Go the Amazon route, Matt.  I got mine yesterday with no problem. 

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hello all---

Regards,

matt

Found the 3D combo today at Target in the Houston area, specifically on 59 in Sugarland.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 08:00 PM

Maybe they finally realized we all have enough coasters in our collections.

Actually, I am not pleased at all that they dropped the dvd from the blu-ray versions of Thor: The Dark World.  I'd sooner lose the digital copy than the dvd from the combo packs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users