-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dear Twilight Time: I Can Live With Your Prices, But Hate Your Forced Timelines

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 951 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 01:04 PM

To come at this issue from a slightly different angle, yes this bothers me too but only because I tend to press play from the menu and then immediately "pause" the disc, so when people enter my home cinema the menu isn't being displayed. I do this because menus tend to contain spoilers. I also like to play music in my room so any music from a menu would have to be muted anyway, plus I use a projector and the "house lights" are on full when guests enter so the picture would look washed out if I left it on the menu. I therefore hate having this "timeline" at the bottom of the screen, there are ways to get around it, such as being able to "switch off" the light output of the projector, but I shouldn't have to do that in reality.

#22 of 34 Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 04:24 PM

POPULAR

When HTF member, Dick, brought this issue to my attention last week, I told him I would look into it at our authoring house. Since we at TT had never realized the timeline was an issue, we simply assumed it was a part of the generic blu-ray authoring process. We were informed by the facility today that the timeline is optional, so starting with the Jan releases, and then going forward from there, TT discs will no longer have one. You learn something new every day.

Happy holidays!

All best,

Nick.

• Mark Walker, cafink, Peter Apruzzese and 22 others like this
";s:7:"insider

#23 of 34 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,698 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 19 2013 - 04:26 PM

POPULAR

Wow, ask and ye shall receive. While it's still basically a non-issue for me, it's pretty damn cool that TT addressed a complaint and changed it in about a day.

• Suzanne.S, JohnMor and Bryan^H like this

#24 of 34 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,178 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted December 19 2013 - 04:42 PM

Another reason I love Twilight Time and love to support them!  :thumbsup:

• Mark Walker and Steve...O like this

#25 of 34 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,066 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:02 PM

Now THAT is pretty awesome.  :thumbsup:

• Mark Walker likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#26 of 34 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,371 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:09 PM

When HTF member, Dick, brought this issue to my attention last week, I told him I would look into it at our authoring house. Since we at TT had never realized the timeline was an issue, we simply assumed it was a part of the generic blu-ray authoring process. We were informed by the facility today that the timeline is optional, so starting with the Jan releases, and then going forward from there, TT discs will no longer have one. You learn something new every day.

Happy holidays!

All best,

Nick.

Thanks for resolving this issue in a very timely manner.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#27 of 34 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,062 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks so much, Nick, for getting right on this. A major studio would have taken months or a year to get around to it, if at all. In fact, as perhaps I did not make clear, I have absolutely no issue with the timelines per se, only with the fact that they have been non-removable. So, maybe there is a way to compromise with the authoring company...?

I am totally blown away by the action you have taken, and hope you at TT have a safe and restful holiday, if you observe it.

Dick (loyal TT customer and HTF member)

• Moe Dickstein and lukejosephchung like this

#28 of 34 Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 837 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted December 19 2013 - 06:24 PM

Incredible customer service. I'll have to buy a TT release in praise! 

• Neil S. Bulk likes this

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#29 of 34 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,427 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 08:04 PM

Totally unexpected and awesome! Thank you very much, Nick! And please keep the Harryhausen movies coming. :)

#30 of 34 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,144 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted December 19 2013 - 11:32 PM

POPULAR

Just goes to show what a class act Nick and the gang at TT are. Kudos.
  • Mark Walker, Steve...O, JohnMor and 2 others like this
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#31 of 34 Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Supporting Actor

• 879 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted December 20 2013 - 12:18 AM

POPULAR

Oh great. So now, not only do we get barebones releases from Twilight Time, and no magnet from SAE, they're going to remove timelines as well? What other feature is TT going to remove next - the FBI warning? When I pay a premium price for a Blu-ray, I expect the whole package!

• Johnny Angell, Moe Dickstein, JohnMor and 1 other like this

#32 of 34 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,565 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 12:25 AM

Oh great. So now, not only do we get barebones releases from Twilight Time, and no magnet from SAE, they're going to remove timelines as well? What other feature is TT going to remove next - the FBI warning? When I pay a premium price for a Blu-ray, I expect the whole package!

Next thing they will do away with some forced BD live stuff that starts loading before you get to the movie and also with the half dozen movie trailers - now that would be horrible!
  • Johnny Angell and Robin9 like this

#33 of 34 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,595 posts

Posted December 21 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thank you Nick. 

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#34 of 34 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,178 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted December 21 2013 - 10:47 AM

Funny you should mention "package."  I heard the discs are just going to be coming in paper sleeves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users