What's new

CBS Syndication Bible Updated Today (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I did a quick check on some titles that interested me and no updates on Hillbillies, PJ, Happy Days, Barnaby Jones, or Cannon. Don't know what they updated.

yyz2ams

Auditioning
Real Name
Bonita
I do wish CBS would bring more Barnaby Jones and Cannon. Keep us posted if you hear anything. I guess no question about that. Fingers are crossed. So long ago already since Barnaby Jones was released. :( You wonder if they will ever release more.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I found the update - and it's a H-U-G-E deal (at least in my book): Our Miss Brooks Season One is being transferred into HD!!!! Gary "not a guarantee of a dvd release, but great news nonetheless" O.
I found the update - and it's a H-U-G-E deal (at least in my book): Our Miss Brooks Season One is being transferred into HD!!!! Maybe, there's also hope for ancient shows like The Millionaire and Trackdown. Gary "not a guarantee of a dvd release, but great news nonetheless" O.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
yyz2ams said:
I do wish CBS would bring more Barnaby Jones and Cannon. Keep us posted if you hear anything. I guess no question about that. Fingers are crossed. So long ago already since Barnaby Jones was released. :( You wonder if they will ever release more.
Future seasons of Cannon would be hard to predict since the 3 already released weren't transferred to HD, so most likely, if season 4 was in the works, we wouldn't see nothing here anyway.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
oldtvshowbuff said:
I found the update - and it's a H-U-G-E deal (at least in my book): Our Miss Brooks Season One is being transferred into HD!!!! Gary "not a guarantee of a dvd release, but great news nonetheless" O.
Gary OS said:
I found the update - and it's a H-U-G-E deal (at least in my book): Our Miss Brooks Season One is being transferred into HD!!!! Maybe, there's also hope for ancient shows like The Millionaire and Trackdown. Gary "not a guarantee of a dvd release, but great news nonetheless" O.
WOW. I hope this is for real.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gary OS said:
I found the update - and it's a H-U-G-E deal (at least in my book):

Our Miss Brooks Season One is being transferred into HD!!!!

Gary "not a guarantee of a dvd release, but great news nonetheless" O.
MeTV Supposedly has picked this up to run sometime in the future

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
AndyMcKinney said:
Does that even matter, though? Isn't MeTV broadcast in SD 480i in all markets? It certainly is in mine.
It is here, too. Annoys the crap out of me, especially on shows I can get in HD either via Netflix or DVD.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
off-topic, but speaking of Me-TV, looks like they're adding some new stuff to their schedule starting Dec 28 (Land of the Lost, Pufnstuf and Wonder Woman, that I've noticed). Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AndyMcKinney said:
off-topic, but speaking of Me-TV, looks like they're adding some new stuff to their schedule starting Dec 28 (Land of the Lost, Pufnstuf and Wonder Woman, that I've noticed). Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum.
Our station is only part-time so I have no clue what they'll show or not. Part of the morning is news from the main channel they're subbed from, part of the afternoon is new children's programming, part of the evening is some other network it looks like (Me-TV doesn't show new vampire stuff that I know of....lol) and sometimes they carry some kind of new "country" music stuff.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Ron1973 said:
Our station is only part-time so I have no clue what they'll show or not. Part of the morning is news from the main channel they're subbed from, part of the afternoon is new children's programming, part of the evening is some other network it looks like (Me-TV doesn't show new vampire stuff that I know of....lol) and sometimes they carry some kind of new "country" music stuff.
I guess the "new vampire" stuff is probably shows from The CW (Vampire Diaries or The Originals). The "country music stuff" might be the "new" Nashville Network digital sub-channel I've heard was coming.

Sounds like your local affiliate is spreading way too many affiliations over one digital sub-channel.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AndyMcKinney said:
I guess the "new vampire" stuff is probably shows from The CW (Vampire Diaries or The Originals). The "country music stuff" might be the "new" Nashville Network digital sub-channel I've heard was coming.

Sounds like your local affiliate is spreading way too many affiliations over one digital sub-channel.
Yes, way too thin. I was actually excited to see it added to our local channel lineup at first. I haven't did too much checking on the weekends but I remember they were supposed to be showing Combat (I think) and when I turned it on, an infomercial!

I just don't watch it as much as I figured I would. Number one, the crazy programming of flipping between this network and that network. Number two, I guess I'm spoiled to hi-def and in the case of Hawaii Five-0 and Emergency!, I can stream those on Netflix in HD. The Beverly Hillbillies are the same tired edited episodes that have been making the rounds for 20+ years. Same thing with Perry Mason. I realize they can only show what the distributor offers but I just can't watch something I've saw unedited before. I'm afraid that if they pick up Our Miss Brooks that they will time compress them or wind up with edited episodes. I really don't mean to be a pessimist but.........

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
They've apparently also remastered Barbary Coast, which is nice, as long as they release more Barnaby Jones and Cannon one way or the other plus the single season of The Magician then I can rest my case. Of course more Matt Houston, One Step Beyond and Hotel would be fantastic too.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
HenryDuBrow said:
They've apparently also remastered Barbary Coast, which is nice, as long as they release more Barnaby Jones and Cannon one way or the other plus the single season of The Magician then I can rest my case. Of course more Matt Houston, One Step Beyond and Hotel would be fantastic too.
I'd really like to see Barbary Coast. Years ago, I caught that movie they made out of parts of it, and I really liked it.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I have a question about this...CBS is well-known for editing their television shows on DVD and Blu-Ray, whether the show is 50 years old or just came out last year. Lots of music-related edits...Do these edits end up in the syndicated prints of their programs?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I wish CBS wouldn't edit out the copyrighted music from their shows when they're released on home video. Lots of programs have been damaged that way.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
As soon as I hear about the final season of Mork & Mindy I will be very happy.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
AndyMcKinney said:
Does that even matter, though? Isn't MeTV broadcast in SD 480i in all markets? It certainly is in mine.
CBS's use of the term HD does not mean the High Definition spec that you are referring to. When they say"HD", they simply mean they are transferring from 35mm prints (as opposed to battered up old 16mm prints) to digital tape for broadcast distribution or possible DVD mastering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks