Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory Press Release: Hill Street Blues: The Complete Series

Shout Factory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 of 35 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:48 PM

Mine is still "in process", but I did only pre-order it on Friday.

I would guess some of you have had this set pre-ordered for a while now.

My order was made close to a month ago.

#22 of 35 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 06:15 AM

My shipping notice was just emailed, Dave. The good news is that the tracking information indicates the set is well underway on its journey already.

Yes, I just noticed this morning, I received my shipping notice last night at 8:00 PM.

#23 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 10:05 AM

I received my shipping notice yesterday at 11PM stating that it was shipped on the 24th.  Tracking indicates it should be in my afternoon mail.   :D   Fingers crossed.

Doug

a:5:{s:9:"signature

#24 of 35 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted March 26 2014 - 11:18 AM

Still no shipping notice, but I checked Shout's website and my set is in the mail, due to arrive tomorrow.

Not bad. I hope the Bob Newhart Show comes this quickly next month.

#25 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:24 PM

Got mine this afternoon.  Extras very good.   :banana:

Doug

#26 of 35 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:24 PM

POPULAR

Mine came yesterday, too.

I was never a "trader" (like Neil Brock) or even much of a taper.  The *only* series I ever tried to tape, in its entirety, is HSB.  I'm sure I did a poor, clumsy job.  They were already the syndicated repeats, not night-of-broadcast.  Nevertheless, over all these years I have held onto the tapes.  Now, I can finally get rid of the tapes.

The shelf-space I'll save, and overall sense of neatness & convenience I'll gain, makes the double-dip on Seasons 1 & 2 more than worthwhile for me.

• Doug Wallen, Wezzo and Ron1973 like this

#27 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:26 PM

Watched the Benedetto story line yesterday and today.  Looks good.  Missed the cat on several of the episodes, but overall very nice presentation, just like night of broadcast.  I also had the majority of episodes from night of broadcast on "beta".  Then, when Family network played them I placed them on VHS.  My last VHS player died about three years ago.  I have wanted this set for the longest and I am glad Shout Factory put it all together.  Thanks Shout!!!  

I will be starting from the beginning this weekend.  Looking forward to revisiting this series.  Now this is "Must-See" TV.

Doug

#28 of 35 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 913 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:32 PM

I have to replace one of the cases so there's room for an extra disk I'm making: the extras from the two seasons Fox released. Those aren't on the Shout set.

But that's a minor quibble.

#29 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:44 PM

I thought some of those original extras ended up on the extras disc.  I believe that all of the original extras are on there.

Doug

#30 of 35 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 913 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 04:47 PM

I thought some of those original extras ended up on the extras disc.  I believe that all of the original extras are on there.

Doug

Looking closer, one does appear to be ("Roll Call: Looking Back..."), but unless the rest have been retitled they don't appear to be there. And if all the extras were just retitled from the old sets, howcum the delay supposedly caused by preparation of the "exciting extras"?

#31 of 35 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,822 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 01:14 PM

I have just posted a comprehensive review of this release.   You'll find a full discussion of all the extras and the picture quality, as well as an analysis of the show's history.  One of the extras from the Fox DVDs was left off - The Hill Street Blues Story, which is a five minute interview with Greg Hoblit.  I think they left it off because he's interviewed in the new material and goes over some of the same ground. 

http://www.hometheat...ecommended-r575

I confess not checking to see if the Police Cat was present on all the episodes.

For the record, I was always a fan of Mimsie.   I think my favorite of her appearances was on The White Shadow, where she got to bounce the basketball.   Cruelest use of her  by far would be on the final episode of St. Elsewhere.  That was just wrong.

• Adam Gregorich and Doug Wallen like this

#32 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 12:43 PM

She was left off on several episodes from season 3 that i looked at.  I began with Benedetto's entrance in Moon over Uranus.  I noticed that she was off 3 or 4 of those episodes.

Doug

#33 of 35 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 05:33 AM

Anyone picking this up tomorrow?

Doug

#34 of 35 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,323 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted April 28 2014 - 04:51 PM

My copy is going to deliver at my work tomorrow from amazon So I'm excited and will start the show from the Pilot. I plan on doing a marathon as soon as I get home from work :-)

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#35 of 35 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,320 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 29 2014 - 08:14 AM

For the record, I was always a fan of Mimsie.   I think my favorite of her appearances was on The White Shadow, where she got to bounce the basketball.   Cruelest use of her  by far would be on the final episode of St. Elsewhere.  That was just wrong.

It was so wrong, they replaced it in syndication. It may have been wrong, but it was a good metaphor for what happened to MTM Productions after Grant Tinker left for NBC and to Mimsie herself, who IIRC had died by then. They launched no hits after 1982 and ended up a division of a British company called Television South, then International Family Entertainment—Pat Robertson's company—bought them. It was during the IFE years that all the music licenses ran out on WKRP and all the other shows that had them. A sad legacy for a great production company. At least the sweetest fruits of their labor are starting to be made available in their entirety.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shout Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users