Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

iTunes Radio on AppleTV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,012 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 17 2013 - 08:11 AM

Is this new service like Pandora, in that's it's free?  I just fired it up, it required my iTunes id and password, I added a station and started playing.  It's great.  Than I noticed price next to the songs.  Is that for a permanent download?  That had better not be just for listening to it.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,012 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:08 AM

A little research has indicated it's free, but has ads.  Ads are dropped if you pay for iTunes match.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 8 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,702 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 05:35 AM

I have iTunes Radio on in my office at work most days. I don't mind a couple of commercials an hour for free.

#4 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,012 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 07:16 AM

I have iTunes Radio on in my office at work most days. I don't mind a couple of commercials an hour for free.

We've had it on for a half hour and have had 3 commercials already.  My experience so far, is that there are more commercials for iTunes Radio than there are for Pandora (on our iPhone).  We'll have to monitor it.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#5 of 8 Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,404 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted December 20 2013 - 08:30 AM

Anybody know when this may be available in Canada?

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#6 of 8 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,893 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 20 2013 - 10:35 AM

Slacker, to me, seems to have least commercials. The big commercial, lately, is "give us $3.99/month and you don't have to hear us yak at you anymore".

#7 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,012 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 06:36 PM

Oh yeah, more commercials on iTunes radio than Pandora.  I wonder if its different because I'm listening at home instead of using a mobile device.  Does iTunes radio work on an iPhone?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#8 of 8 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,702 posts

Posted December 21 2013 - 03:30 PM

@Johnny - It does. It's in the Music app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users