What's new

Funny Face (1957) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Already purchased from one of the Amazon sites in Europe along with Sabrina(1954) which still hasn't been announced for the US yet. Great film. Good presentation. Good price now. I recommend it if you haven't purchased yet.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per Blu Ray dot com the extras on the US version.

The Blu-ray release of Funny Face is presented in 1080p with a lossless DTS-HD Master Audio track. Special features include:

[*]Kay Thompson: Think Pink!
[*]This is VistaVision
[*]Fashion Photographers Exposed
[*]The Fashion Designer and His Muse
[*]Parisian Dreams
[*]Theatrical Trailer
[/list]
People with the DVD version of the film please comment if there is anything new here.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Garysb said:
Already purchased from one of the Amazon sites in Europe along with Sabrina(1954) which still hasn't been announced for the US yet. Great film. Good presentation. Good price now. I recommend it if you haven't purchased yet.
I see Sabrina is also now available for preorder for release on April 8, 2014, same day as Funny Face. Next up will probably be an Audrey Hepburn box set with these two films plus Breakfast At Tiffany's.

ventoux3

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell
Roger Grodsky said:
The European blu has no DTS audio tracks either. It looks like I'm buying this again!
I bought the French version from Amazon.fr. Pretty cheap and although it does not have DTS HD MA it does have Dolby True HD so it's still lossless and sounds great. So unless you feel the need for the extras I can't see the point in buying again.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
WOWIE!!! Another one I forgot all about until I got the "your order has shipped" notice!

It's like an unexpected Christmas present when that happens. Love this movie and can't wait to see how it looks!

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Will,
Please let us know how it looks. I have the French issue and was wondering if the transfer is different, better, etc.
Thanks!

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Anxious to hear what someone has to say about this. Much as I want it, after My Fair Lady and Spartacus I am now gun shy about ordering before I hear some reviews/comments.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Just received my copy of this from Amazon and it includes the following extras left off of EU region-free pressings: Kay Thompson: Think Pink!, This Is VistaVision, Fashion Photographers Exposed, The Fashion Designer & His Muse, Parisian Dreams and the theatrical trailer...will be playing this tonight to compare with the previous EU release and see if it's also a different video transfer... :thumbsup:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Mine came too! I always feel naughty when they come before street date :rolleyes:

I'm going to give it a spin although I don't have the EU release to compare it to.

verneaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
I haven't got mine yet. The last correct copy I have of this film is on laserdisc. When it went to dvd, something curious happenned. During the number 'Clap Yo Hands' Fred Astaire is lying on the floor with the guitar and does a series of kicks. On the soundtrack there were always rim shots accenting these kicks. Since the film went to dvd these rim shots have been missing. I hope they are now restored...

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Welp, I thought it looked good, really really good but, as I said I didn't have the French blu-ray to compare it to so I'll have to let others say whether or not it's different.

I wasn't blown away in the way I was with, say WHITE CHRISTMAS or TEN COMMANDMENTS but, then again, the FUNNY FACE DVD was better than the DVD incarnations of those two so maybe it's just a question of the overall advance being smaller. I will say this, some of the issues that really bothered me about FF on DVD are gone, most especially the "dirty" quality of the whites during optical shots like the conclusion of "Think Pink!" Here it's sharp and the white on pink (pink on white?) tones are clean and fresh rather than slightly yellowed and dirty.

As for the extras, I only watched the Kay Thompson bio which was fun (but too brief) and the Vista Vision documentary which I found to be as dry as toast and I couldn't wait for the talking heads to stop talking. It was also rather revisionist. I didn't care for it.

I'm so happy to have it on blu-ray finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks