-

Photo
- - - - -

Godzilla 2014 teaser anticipation thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#41 of 181 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted February 27 2014 - 12:09 PM

My understanding is that Goji-chan may battle several other kaiju in *this* film.

I really hope Godzilla is the hero and battles other monsters, what are the chances of this happening. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#42 of 181 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,476 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 28 2014 - 11:47 AM

From what I hear, pretty good!

• FoxyMulder likes this
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#43 of 181 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted February 28 2014 - 11:48 AM

From what I hear, pretty good!

Looking forward to it even more now. 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 of 181 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,217 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 28 2014 - 05:58 PM

Really looking forward to this and hope its much better than the overrated Pacific Rim. And yes please make Godzilla the hero. That's one if the major things I hated about the '98 version. Everyone on screen cheering when Godzilla was killed and I'm like..how stupid.

And I loved Lost In Space. ;)
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#45 of 181 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 01 2014 - 08:44 AM

Really looking forward to this and hope its much better than the overrated Pacific Rim. And yes please make Godzilla the hero. That's one if the major things I hated about the '98 version. Everyone on screen cheering when Godzilla was killed and I'm like..how stupid.

And I loved Lost In Space. ;)

I was the one cheering when Godzilla re-surfaced near the end of the 98' version.

#46 of 181 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,578 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 01 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm excited. It's a good trailer. I hope it gets the things right that Pacific Rim got right, and builds from there.

Also: Bryan Cranston!?!?! Didn't see that coming! I'm doubly intrigued.

#47 of 181 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 10:17 AM

Why you would need to do a HALO jump in a Godzilla movie escapes me? The use of the Stargate music from 2001:ASO in the trailer just seemed weird and oddly out of place. Oh well, (points up, gesticulating wildly) (poorly lip sync'd) GODZILLA!

"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#48 of 181 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 01 2014 - 10:23 AM

Why you would need to do a HALO jump in a Godzilla movie ? 

Because it looks cool.

#49 of 181 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 10:44 AM

Because it looks cool.

Now why didn't I think of that? ;)

• FoxyMulder likes this
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#50 of 181 Nigel P

Nigel P

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 01:59 PM

I was disappointed by Pacific Rim (and really didn't like the 98 Godzilla), but I love monster movies and I like what I have seen from this so far. 

#51 of 181 Nigel P

Nigel P

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 02:12 AM

wxBsJTD.jpg

Look at the size of that thing!

• FoxyMulder likes this

#52 of 181 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,711 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted March 04 2014 - 05:58 AM

It's scary now.  About time!  lol  Really excited.  I'll have to drive 3 hours for it but I'm gonna do it.  Won't even bother with reviews and whatnot.  Those will just ruin it for me.  :) 

Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#53 of 181 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 08:44 AM

I really hope Godzilla is the hero and battles other monsters, what are the chances of this happening. ?

I've a feeling that this movie is mainly about G and if it goes well, we see more G and more monsters. In any case, the trailer(s) is looking very good and atmospheric and "G vs Walter White"? I luv it. ;)

Bite me Roland Emmerich. Perhaps I can finally forget your "movie" about G? Maybe.

#54 of 181 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 02:58 AM

Godzilla movies were liked because they were cheesy. The bad dubbing turned them into unintentional comedies with a bad-ass rubber monster. Where is the cheese factor in this? That is why something like this is going to fail again and again, because the people who are making them are actually taking it seriously.

#55 of 181 Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,345 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 06:56 AM

Godzilla movies were liked because they were cheesy. The bad dubbing turned them into unintentional comedies with a bad-ass rubber monster. Where is the cheese factor in this? That is why something like this is going to fail again and again, because the people who are making them are actually taking it seriously.

And if you see them in the original Japanese WITHOUT the bad dubbing, they started becoming likably implausible B-action stories about jewel thieves or corrupt villains, in which a giant monster battle just happened to wander through the city and ruin their plans.

But played suspension-of-disbelief straight, without either the marketed audience-nudging goofiness of Dean Devlin, or the Hans-Zimmer ponderousness that's now become synonymous with Legendary Pictures.

(Classic Media interviewed some of the 60's foreign-dub actors on the original "vs. Mothra" DVD--

Since there was no industry for giant monster movies at the time, they were dubbed by the same 50's-60's studios that dubbed most foreign films, and the idea was that it would be easier to match Japanese mouth movements by giving the delivery a staccato "clip" that suggested a Japanese accent, without the incongruity of having Tokyo characters speak perfect English.  One of the actors demonstrated, "Godzilla?...But...that's impossible!"

And as the commentary points out, yes, it's a rubber-suit actor on a miniature set, but look at the detail on those sets!  What were we doing with our monsters back then, bad rear-projection screen?)

• FoxyMulder likes this

#56 of 181 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,545 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted March 07 2014 - 10:16 AM

I just hope we actually get to see Godzilla. The editing in Pacific Rim was so fast and frenetic that I'm not sure I ever got a complete, steady, wide-angle shot of any of the creatures to really appreciate their size or design.

• Tino and Radioman970 like this
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#57 of 181 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,475 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 05:23 PM

Edwin, have you seen the original Godzilla/Gorjira?  Definitely NOT the same as the Son of Godzilla unintentional comedies.  As much as people don't seem to like the US edit of the original (with Raymond Burr) it's still a different "monster" than the later movies...

• Mark Walker likes this

#58 of 181 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,574 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:59 AM

Looks like they nailed it! ;)

I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#59 of 181 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:48 PM

I am sooooo looking forward to this!!!!!

• Everett Stallings likes this
My DVD Collection

#60 of 181 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,578 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:21 AM

I saw the full trailer last night, before Veronica Mars. I'm super excited!

I have no deep attachment to old Godzilla movies, beyond the fond nostalgia of the goofy dubs, watched in reruns on a fuzzy VHF channel on a lazy weekend.

But they aren't canonical to me. I'm ok if someone makes an actually good Godzilla movie. Pacific Rim was loads of fun, and gave me most of what I wanted. Most importantly, it showed how to make an awesome giant monster. If Godzilla can build on that, even skew serious, I'll eat it up.
  • Mark Walker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users