-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Incredible Hulk complete series set question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted December 06 2013 - 06:12 AM

I have looked at a couple of sources but can't tell whether or not the 'complete series' set also includes all of the television movies of the Hulk that were done after the series.

And as I don't know anyone that has purchased the set,  can anyone out there offer up an answer??

Thanks!

#2 of 13 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted December 06 2013 - 06:58 AM

No, the 3 reunion TV movies are not included in the set

#3 of 13 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,689 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 06 2013 - 09:13 AM

I was lucky I had picked up 2 of the films in a set for a few dollars from Fred's Store.  That a few years ago.  I just need Death...  they aren't too much on amazon right now.  The full series set seems to be going up in price. 

Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#4 of 13 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted December 07 2013 - 05:05 AM

Those reunion movies weren't terrible, but didn't live up to the standard of the show. Kenneth Johnson wasn't involved (why the studio wouldn't involve the creative source behind the show I will never understand). Sadly, another film - The Revenge of the Incredible Hulk - was planned, but Bill Bixby's death put an end to it.

This site is a good resource: http://www.incrediblehulktvseries.com/

• derosa likes this

#5 of 13 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,689 posts

Posted December 07 2013 - 05:15 AM

The only one of those movies I remember seeing was the one with Thor .  Saw it orignally and thought it was somewhat ridiculous, but kinda liked it anyway.  

I'm only on DVD 2 of the series but it sure is great seeing it again.  When Banner's eyes turn I still get that slight rush of "here he comes!"  lol 

• Ron1973 likes this
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#6 of 13 Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted December 09 2013 - 03:01 AM

How is the picture quality on this? I'd like to get it.

#7 of 13 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,689 posts

Posted December 09 2013 - 03:27 AM

I've been extremely happy with how they look and sound.  I'm easy to please, but still...  I saw nothing to complain about.  They even include the nifty teasers at the beginning, just like old times.  :) 

Edited by Radioman970, December 09 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#8 of 13 Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:44 AM

Is the complete series single sided disks? I'd like to get this but not if a reissue is coming.

#9 of 13 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,689 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 03:03 AM

Is the complete series single sided disks? I'd like to get this but not if a reissue is coming.

I believe they are all single sided.  I'll have to look to be 100% sure.  99% sure.  An excellent set and amazon still has it at $80.  If I didn't already have it I'd jump on that even though it seems like an upcoming re-release is a gimme.  Just a hunch, but it is Hulk afterall. 

Don't buy the Ultimate Collection... 

#10 of 13 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted April 14 2014 - 04:42 AM

I had all the seasons at one time and they were all single-sided.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#11 of 13 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 736 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:09 AM

I have looked at a couple of sources but can't tell whether or not the 'complete series' set also includes all of the television movies of the Hulk that were done after the series.

And as I don't know anyone that has purchased the set,  can anyone out there offer up an answer??

Thanks!

It doesn;t include them.

#12 of 13 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 736 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:14 AM

They are all on single sided discs. Inside the big box there are about twenty "thinpak" Amaray-style cases (the very slim sort) each with one disc in it!

I actually bought the US set because it looks so nice on a shelf!

It's heavy though, mostly because of all those cases inside!

But the packaging is very sturdy and simple and doesn;t damage the discs, unlike a lot of "special" boxsets which look nice but are hoplessly impractical - like that awful Wild Wild West one!

#13 of 13 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,689 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:27 PM

^^ a few of those cases have 2 discs in them if I remember right. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users