What's new

Is the Notes App (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That is one the iPhone also on the iMac? I can't seem to find it on my iMac. Can the notes be shared between iMac and iPhone?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
If you use iCloud, you can (and should) sync them. It's a huge time saver for me. I believe you can access the Notes app via Launch Pad. I keep it on my dock since I use it daily.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are you on a recent version of OS X? Notes and iCloud syncing was introduced in Mountain Lion, I think. As Clinton says, it's handy having syncing among devices. I use it for misc things, shopping lists, and even notes :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
DaveF said:
Are you on a recent version of OS X? Notes and iCloud syncing was introduced in Mountain Lion, I think.As Clinton says, it's handy having syncing among devices. I use it for misc things, shopping lists, and even notes :)
I'm on 10.7.5. I think that's Mountain Lion.

Is Notes a built-in app? So far, I haven't found it on my iMac or the app store.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It's built in for Mountain Lion. Open a Finder window and look in the Apps folder. It should be in there. You can also press F4 (I think) to open Launch Pad and it is usually listed there too.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had already looked in the applications folder and no "notes". I also had done a spotlight search using the magnifying glass on the menu bar, top right. I think that cmd space is the same thing. No "notes" app. I can't find it in the apple store.

I've still got phone support on my mac, so I guess I'll call them.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I just re read your previous post in this thread that you are running 10.7.5. 10.7 is OS X Lion. Notes was not included until 10.8 Mountain Lion, if I am not mistaken. You may have to upgrade OS to take advantage, if your Mac can handle ML or Mavericks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Clinton's right. Good catch. A version too early. If your mac is newer than 2007, it should run mavericks fine, and it's a free upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks