Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oklahoma! in 2014

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted November 26 2013 - 08:00 PM

Iin another thread (The Student Prince), forum member Cinerama10 states that "I know that South Pacific is out there and Oklahoma  is due in 2014 but when are the  rest due out.?"

I've not heard any definite release plans for Oklahoma!, whether in Region B or A, and will be overjoyed if this is true.

Can anyone confirm Cinerama10's news?

#2 of 8 DP 70

DP 70

Second Unit

• 338 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 02:06 AM

The 30fps version of Oklahoma is being fully
restored to 4k.

Then we can have DCP,Blu Ray but no 70mm
prints.

#3 of 8 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,319 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 02:14 AM

The 30fps version of Oklahoma is being fullyrestored to 4k.Then we can have DCP,Blu Ray but no 70mmprints.

Beyond budget, why no 70mm prints?

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#4 of 8 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,519 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 05:52 AM

I remember some information at the time that with Can-Can Fox decided not to do any 70mm prints due to some uneven fading that was more severe on one side of the frame than on the other that could only be corrected digitally. Maybe Oklahoma has similar issues? I guess with the right technology a filmout from 4k to 70mm would always be possible but that would not be the same as staying completely in the photochemical domain.

#5 of 8 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,319 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 07:08 AM

I remember some information at the time that with Can-Can Fox decided not to do any 70mm prints due to some uneven fading that was more severe on one side of the frame than on the other that could only be corrected digitally. Maybe Oklahoma has similar issues? I guess with the right technology a filmout from 4k to 70mm would always be possible but that would not be the same as staying completely in the photochemical domain.

Different problem with Can-Can.  A/B roll leader was not chemically inert, and damaged production footage at wraps.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#6 of 8 Everett Stallings

Everett Stallings

Second Unit

• 350 posts
  • LocationWilmington,De

Posted November 27 2013 - 07:32 AM

The 30fps version of Oklahoma is being fully
restored to 4k.

Then we can have DCP,Blu Ray but no 70mm
prints.

I wonder what happened to the 70mm prints that they showed just before the Laser release!

Former projectionist @ all downtown theatres in Balto. City.Which are all closed. frown.gif

#7 of 8 OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,519 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 09:47 AM

Different problem with Can-Can.  A/B roll leader was not chemically inert, and damaged production footage at wraps.

RAH

Thanks for the correction. Do you think that the negative from Oklahoma would be good enough to strike an IP from it that could be used towards a new 70mm print or two of high enough quality to be used on the 70mm festival circuit?

#8 of 8 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,319 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the correction. Do you think that the negative from Oklahoma would be good enough to strike an IP from it that could be used towards a new 70mm print or two of high enough quality to be used on the 70mm festival circuit?

No.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users