What's new

WHV Announcement: The Best of Bogart Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Best of Bogart Announce.jpg

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
For those who don't already own these films on Blu, a great box of bargains. Should work out at street to under $10 per title.

RAH

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Robert Harris said:
For those who don't already own these films on Blu, a great box of bargains. Should work out at street to under $10 per title.

RAH
exact same thing I was thinking, I was hoping from the title that possibly this was some "new to blu Bogart"

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Most fans probably have Casablanca and African Queen. So at least I'm not very excited.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Dangit! I bought African Queen last month... Had I not, I would've thought of buying this set.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Actually I'm glad that there is nothing new added. One of my pet peeves is being forced to re-buy titles I already have just to get something new. When they get around to putting out The Big Sleep and Key Largo I'd prefer either stand-alone releases or a box containing all new-to-Blu-ray releases.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Already own Casablanca and The African Queen on Blu-ray.

However, the inclusion of the 2 additional films for what I expect will
be a $40 Amazon price is tempting.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mark-P said:
Actually I'm glad that there is nothing new added. One of my pet peeves is being forced to re-buy titles I already have just to get something new. When they get around to putting out The Big Sleep and Key Largo I'd prefer either stand-alone releases or a box containing all new-to-Blu-ray releases.
Me, too. When they do another Bogart set, I'd want ALL NEW TO BLU-RAY items. And they have plenty to choose from.

I already bought the four individually (and got three of them again when I reviewed the 90th Anniversary Blu-ray box set.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
For a company that won't spend zilch on packaging or fanfare for HD versions of stuff they've ALREADY mastered in 1080 and put out there for streaming, they sure spend a lot repackaging the same old crap over and over again!

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Ed Lachmann said:
For a company that won't spend zilch on packaging or fanfare for HD versions of stuff they've ALREADY mastered in 1080 and put out there for streaming, they sure spend a lot repackaging the same old crap over and over again!
Hear, hear! This set is an insult.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This set will look great next to that black maltese falcon I just bought for $4 mil. :)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have them also..Casablanca I have those large Anniversary sets and same for African Queen. Maltese Falcon I have the steelbook for (Warner UK division)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ronald Epstein said:
Already own Casablanca and The African Queen on Blu-ray.

However, the inclusion of the 2 additional films for what I expect will
be a $40 Amazon price is tempting.
Or you could just buy both Maltese Falcon & Treasure of the Sierra Madre from Amazon today for a total of $26.50 and be done with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks