What's new

HURRY HURRY SINBAD TITLES PRE-ORDER (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Hurry Hurry Twilight has posted the two Sinbad titles for pre-order. Remember there will only be 3000 copies of each title the two will cost you $65.20. Go for it.

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English SDH
Isolated Score Track by Miklos Rozsa
3000 Edition! $29.95

SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (1977)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English SDH
Isolated Score Track by Roy Budd
3000 Edition! $29.95

available on

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I watched Golden Voyage a few weeks back and thought it was decent, but not good enough for me to purchase. I tried watching Eye of the Tiger last week and was bored out of my mind 30 minutes in and decided to send it back to Netflix unfinished. So, for those of you who do enjoy these films, I am one less person out there to grab these instead of you. :)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Was it a good idea to release both of these at the exact same time? Ow! My wallet!

At least the ebay scalpers won't be easily gobbling these up.

Thanks for the heads up!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Brandon Conway said:
I watched Golden Voyage a few weeks back and thought it was decent, but not good enough for me to purchase. I tried watching Eye of the Tiger last week and was bored out of my mind 30 minutes in and decided to send it back to Netflix unfinished. So, for those of you who do enjoy these films, I am one less person out there to grab these instead of you. :)
So you bailed before you got to see Jane Seymour skinny dipping? :D

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I pre-ordered my copies yesterday. GOLDEN is far and away the superior film, one of Ray's finest; TIGER not so much, with Patrick Wayne (son of The Duke) really knocking it down a few notches due to his incredibly wooden Sinbad impersonation, but the creatures make up for that a bit. The baboon is one of Ray's most fully-realised and beautifully animated creations.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Well enjoy, but for me the magic had gone by the time these two were released. Luckily I have my two favourites on Blu-ray: Mysterious Island & Jason & The Argonauts.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I almost saw Golden Voyage in a drive in as a kid. I say almost because the projection was so dim you couldn't even see the figurehead attacking Sinbad's crew!

Interesting that we're getting both movies with a former and a then future Doctor Who close to the series' 50th anniversary.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
SilverWook said:
So you bailed before you got to see Jane Seymour skinny dipping? :D
I've never seen either of these as they're usually not my cup of tea.
However, I guesss if someone were to twist my arm a bit............ :rolleyes:

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I saw Eye of the Tiger as a child and didn't like it much. Never revisited it. Never saw Golden Voyage, but ordered the TT blu-ray.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
John Stockton said:
Does anyone know why Twilight titles are not available in the stores, and why they charge full retail??
By now, does anyone not know? It been discussed endlessly in this forum ever since the first Twilight Time discs came out.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
John Stockton said:
Does anyone know why Twilight titles are not available in the stores, and why they charge full retail??
John - it's their business model and works for them and for us collectors of titles not in huge demand. Yes they do cost more than the mass produced titles but the quality is above reproach and you can see the love for the title in every release.

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
John Stockton said:
"John Stockton" as in John Stockton, ex- Utah Jazz player? How is Karl Malone? Still driving big trucks?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
ahollis said:
John - it's their business model and works for them and for us collectors of titles not in huge demand. Yes they do cost more than the mass produced titles but the quality is above reproach and you can see the love for the title in every release.
Twilight Time seems fairly dependent on the quality of the titles they receive. So far they have been lucky in that Sony has been committed to high def masters for some time and the Fox titles they have issued are ones Fox put a lot of effort into. We'll see how quality goes as they get into titles from MGM.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoeDoakes said:
Twilight Time seems fairly dependent on the quality of the titles they receive. So far they have been lucky in that Sony has been committed to high def masters for some time and the Fox titles they have issued are ones Fox put a lot of effort into. We'll see how quality goes as they get into titles from MGM.
I would not expect anything different quality wise than what they have released. They have standards and have turned titles down that do not reach the standards they have set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks