Twilight Time

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 of 61 Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 508 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hurry Hurry Twilight has posted the two Sinbad titles for pre-order.  Remember there will only be 3000 copies of each title the two will cost you $65.20.  Go for it.

26424.jpg 26420.jpg

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA

Subtitles: English SDH
Isolated Score Track by
 Miklos Rozsa
3000 Edition! $29.95

SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (1977)
Video: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA

Subtitles: English SDH
Isolated Score Track by Roy Budd

3000 Edition! $29.95

available on 

• BPullen likes this

#2 of 61 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,146 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted November 21 2013 - 01:20 PM

I watched Golden Voyage a few weeks back and thought it was decent, but not good enough for me to purchase. I tried watching Eye of the Tiger last week and was bored out of my mind 30 minutes in and decided to send it back to Netflix unfinished. So, for those of you who do enjoy these films, I am one less person out there to grab these instead of you. :)

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 61 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,472 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 05:05 PM

Was it a good idea to release both of these at the exact same time? Ow! My wallet!

At least the ebay scalpers won't be easily gobbling these up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by SilverWook, November 21 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#4 of 61 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,472 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 05:22 PM

I watched Golden Voyage a few weeks back and thought it was decent, but not good enough for me to purchase. I tried watching Eye of the Tiger last week and was bored out of my mind 30 minutes in and decided to send it back to Netflix unfinished. So, for those of you who do enjoy these films, I am one less person out there to grab these instead of you. :)

So you bailed before you got to see Jane Seymour skinny dipping? :D

#5 of 61 Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,061 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 21 2013 - 09:37 PM

I pre-ordered my copies yesterday. GOLDEN is far and away the superior film, one of Ray's finest; TIGER not so much, with Patrick Wayne (son of The Duke) really knocking it down a few notches due to his incredibly wooden Sinbad impersonation, but the creatures make up for that a bit. The baboon is one of Ray's most fully-realised and beautifully animated creations.
  • Mark Walker and Radioman970 like this

#6 of 61 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,380 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 22 2013 - 01:07 AM

Well enjoy, but for me the magic had gone by the time these two were released. Luckily I have my two favourites on Blu-ray: Mysterious Island & Jason & The Argonauts.
  • Keith Cobby likes this

#7 of 61 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,472 posts

Posted November 22 2013 - 02:05 AM

I almost saw Golden Voyage in a drive in as a kid. I say almost because the projection was so dim you couldn't even see the figurehead attacking Sinbad's crew!

Interesting that we're getting both movies with a former and a then future Doctor Who close to the series' 50th anniversary.

#8 of 61 Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted November 23 2013 - 01:34 PM

So you bailed before you got to see Jane Seymour skinny dipping? :D

I've never seen either of these as they're usually not my cup of tea.

However, I guesss if someone were to twist my arm a bit............ :rolleyes:

#9 of 61 Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,453 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted November 23 2013 - 02:34 PM

I saw Eye of the Tiger as a child and didn't like it much. Never revisited it.  Never saw Golden Voyage, but ordered the TT blu-ray.

http://youtu.be/nIfCJ7fLiTk

#10 of 61 John Stockton

John Stockton

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone know why Twilight titles are not available in the stores, and why they charge full retail??

#11 of 61 Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,814 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 10:28 PM

Does anyone know why Twilight titles are not available in the stores, and why they charge full retail??

By now, does anyone not know? It been discussed endlessly in this forum ever since the first Twilight Time discs came out.

• Mark Walker and ahollis like this

#12 of 61 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,697 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted November 27 2013 - 08:51 AM

John - it's their business model and works for them and for us collectors of titles not in huge demand. Yes they do cost more than the mass produced titles but the quality is above reproach and you can see the love for the title in every release.
  • Robin9 likes this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#13 of 61 Didier R

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 08:55 AM

"John Stockton" as in John Stockton, ex- Utah Jazz player? How is Karl Malone? Still driving big trucks?

#14 of 61 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,893 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 02:07 PM

John - it's their business model and works for them and for us collectors of titles not in huge demand. Yes they do cost more than the mass produced titles but the quality is above reproach and you can see the love for the title in every release.

Twilight Time seems fairly dependent on the quality of the titles they receive.  So far they have been lucky in that Sony has been committed to high def masters for some time and the Fox titles they have issued are ones Fox put a lot of effort into.  We'll see how quality goes as they get into titles from MGM.

#15 of 61 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,697 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted November 27 2013 - 09:42 PM

Twilight Time seems fairly dependent on the quality of the titles they receive. So far they have been lucky in that Sony has been committed to high def masters for some time and the Fox titles they have issued are ones Fox put a lot of effort into. We'll see how quality goes as they get into titles from MGM.

I would not expect anything different quality wise than what they have released. They have standards and have turned titles down that do not reach the standards they have set.
  • BPullen likes this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#16 of 61 John Sparks

John Sparks

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts
  • LocationI.E., CA

Posted November 28 2013 - 03:20 PM

I ordered mine!

...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ; 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panasonic BD30 Player; Toshiba HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box.

#17 of 61 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,472 posts

Posted December 09 2013 - 04:18 PM

Anyone else get shipping confirmation today?

#18 of 61 dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,169 posts

Posted December 09 2013 - 04:43 PM

I got my confirmation for Golden Voyage last Friday.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#19 of 61 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,697 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted December 09 2013 - 08:33 PM

Got my confirmation for both today also.

#20 of 61 Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,061 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 10 2013 - 10:16 AM

Got my confirmation yesterday as well. Can't wait!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users