Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Robocop (4k Master Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Fox MGM

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,181 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 294 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted January 05 2014 - 11:56 PM

FYI-- Several Best Buy stores across the country already have this out, despite the 1/21 street date, for $7.99. I have a copy in hand and watched it tonight. I never saw the first BD, but this one looks spectacular. In addition to the 4K remastering, there is also a 43-minute cast and crew Q&A from 2012, as well as the audio commentary and video extras from the MGM 20th Anniversary DVD set. The disc is region-free (I have personally verified that), and contains a plethora of audio and subtitle options. This is the unrated director's cut of the film only.This disc is an absolute steal at $7.99. Bravo to all involved!

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,181 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 05:05 AM

Just bought it on Amazon for $7.99.   Wasn't intending to, but I agree with Sean

that this disc is an absolute steal at this price. Including the link below....

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,914 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 06 2014 - 05:39 AM

Weird. I just checked my pre-order, comparing against Ron's link in this thread, and the one I ordered does not say "4K Remaster" but has the same 1/21 release date, yet has a $13.99 price (and is now $17.99). To be safe, I canceled my pre-order and re-ordered using Ron's link.

For reference, here is a link to the title I canceled, in case anyone else out there pre-ordered awhile ago.

http://www.amazon.co..._ 88603980_n_id

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,181 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 05:41 AM

Scott,

Thanks for the clarification.

Let me offer apologies.  That was the very first link to appear on Amazon when the title surfaced.

So, anyone that preordered using the original link should take Scott's lead and cancel then re-order using the link above.

Ronald J Epstein

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 06:28 AM

D'oh! Yes, forgot to mention that Amazon had also price matched Best Buy. Though the former is sticking to the street date, it seems.

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,080 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:20 AM

FYI-- Several Best Buy stores across the country already have this out, despite the 1/21 street date, for $7.99.

Yeah, it's part of an endcap with other MGM titles at the Best Buy near me. I would imagine that most BBs will have it out early since it's an endcap.

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:34 AM

Am I correct in my understanding that prior to this release, and excluding the never-released 2006 Sony Blu-ray, there has been only one previous release of Robocop on Blu-ray?  And that that release included only the director's cut of the film with no special features, making this new release a strict improvement on all fronts?

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,181 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:35 AM

...and to piggy-back on cafink's post...

Is this new 4k remaster strictly the Director's Cut (which I prefer), original or both?

Ronald J Epstein

#10 of 24 ONLINE   Didier R

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:47 AM

Director's Cut only.

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,181 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:52 AM

Director's Cut only

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]That's good to hear.  I am sure everyone else agrees as well.  It's the gorier version.[/color]

Ronald J Epstein

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,516 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:52 AM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]That's good to hear.  I am sure everyone else agrees as well.  It's the gorier version.[/color]

Bring it on! :)

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,163 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'll buy that for a dollar!

(Or even $7.99 from the link above) :)

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:58 AM

Am I correct in my understanding that prior to this release, and excluding the never-released 2006 Sony Blu-ray, there has been only one previous release of Robocop on Blu-ray?  And that that release included only the director's cut of the film with no special features, making this new release a strict improvement on all fronts?

Yes, on all fronts. Prior to this specific disc becoming available, the only version of RoboCop available on Blu-ray worldwide was the 2007 BD of the Director's Cut, which had no extras other than a trailer.

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,163 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted January 06 2014 - 09:04 AM

January 21st huh?

Maybe the second half of a  double feature with IAMMMMW???

<Only kidding!>

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,516 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted January 06 2014 - 09:06 AM

Ha!

Anyhoo, just pre-ordered! :)

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 10:38 AM

Just picked this up and am thoroughly confused.

Where is the information that this is a "Remastered for 4k" title?

Because it certainly doesn't mention it on the box art.

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 01:31 PM

Just picked this up and am thoroughly confused.

Where is the information that this is a "Remastered for 4k" title?

Because it certainly doesn't mention it on the box art.

The back cover says "newly remastered", and I believe it was Fox that confirmed it was done at 4K resolution.

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,820 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted January 06 2014 - 02:49 PM

The price is now up $10, $4 above where it had been for some time. I wonder which is the pricing error, $7.99 or $17.99?

It looks there's more than one Amazon listing for the title. The one linked to in the first post is showing as $17.99, while another with cover art is still at $7.99.

Doug, did you mean you already got a physical copy of the release? Or were you just referencing the online cover art?

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Mark Booth

Mark Booth

Screenwriter

• 1,126 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 06:20 PM

I found a copy at my closest Best Buy (La Mesa, CA).  It was on the top shelf of an end cap of $7.99 titles.  Scanned at the register for $7.99.  SWEET!

BTW, it was the last copy on the shelf.  Unless they've got more in the back or on display elsewhere in the store, the La Mesa Best Buy is out.

I'm working on some screen grabs now.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users