What's new

Projector Lag (1 Viewer)

Skidoo23_394384

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Larsen
I am deciding between 2 projectors. The epson 5020ub and the panasonic ae8000. The epson has a lag of 50ms in gaming mode and the ae8000 has 34ms. Will I see I difference? The epson has slightly better image quality, so I'm leaning towards that. I do light gaming, halo and games like that. I don't want them to be unplayable.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The difference will be what it looks like compared to a DLP while you are in game mode(hint...DLP don't need game mode).

Even the Mits HC7900DW, which is pathetically slow for a DLP, is faster than both LCD projectors you've chosen.

Skidoo23_394384

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Larsen
schan1269 said:
The difference will be what it looks like compared to a DLP while you are in game mode(hint...DLP don't need game mode).

Even the Mits HC7900DW, which is pathetically slow for a DLP, is faster than both LCD projectors you've chosen.
Are u saying I should go with another projector all together? The epson was rated best in class under $3000. Do you have any other recommendations?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You want a gaming projector. DLP beats LCD in gaming projectors. Just like plasma TV beats LCD TV.

To recommend a DLP projector, we have to be specific.

1. What is your throw?
2. What is the screen size you want?
3. Ceiling or shelf mount?
4. How bright is the room?

You answers to 1 and 2(especially) will tell you which projector. DLP are not as "placement flexible" as LCD(that is their only Achilles heel). So...answer those questions and those answers will point you to your choice.

Skidoo23_394384

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Larsen
schan1269 said:
You want a gaming projector. DLP beats LCD in gaming projectors. Just like plasma TV beats LCD TV.To recommend a DLP projector, we have to be specific.1. What is your throw?2. What is the screen size you want?3. Ceiling or shelf mount?4. How bright is the room?You answers to 1 and 2(especially) will tell you which projector. DLP are not as "placement flexible" as LCD(that is their only Achilles heel). So...answer those questions and those answers will point you to your choice.
I'm kinda be to this so I will answer the best I can.My throw will be from 9' to 13' and my screen size is 100". It will be ceiling mounted. The room is a basement with controlled lighting. I would still like to be able to use it whit the light son though. It's not super bright. I just ordered a light meter to get actual values.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Mits 7900DW does 100" between 10"2" and 15'4".
The BenQ w1070 would work(the 1080 would need to be closer than 9')
BenQ W7000 would need 12' to 18'.

Here is the guide at ProjectorCentral with the $1500-$2500 projectors...DLP, 3D.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=1500-2500&w=&r=13&br=&ll=&ltg=&t=6&db=&dt=3.0.0&c=&ar=&dvi=&wr=&sp=35&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=&i=d&is=&sort=pop

You may not need to spend even $2000 with DLP to get your desired result. Over $3000...people tend to jump up to JVC and Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks