I have been suggested the JVC RS-45 or RS-46 for its superior 2D, and the Benq or Optoma projectors for their 3D quality ..
Problem is, I can't decide which projector to get for its performance in 3D ..
There are some obvious choices, such as:
You are free to recommend some other projector too, for its awesome 3D ..
Thing is, I can't decide properly which one to get. They are roughly in the same price range, so money is not an issue ..
Here is some criteria I've determined to help decide:
- Needs to be as awesome as possible in 3D !
- 3D has some good popping effects (like those in cinemas) ..
- No (or negligible) crosstalk in 3D ..
- No (or very low chance of) rainbows (for DLP only) ..
- Would be nice to have an option to zoom a 3D cinemascope movie to fill 16:9 screen (I don't mind the sides being cropped out) (for 3D and 2D video)..
- Visually good/bright 3D for both completely dark (for movies) and lighted rooms (when playing video games)
- Should have low/acceptable gaming lag, since I occasionally do game online (FPS, etc ..)
- Would be nice to have some vertical/horizontal lens shift (installing 2 projectors side be side will require some offset) ..
- Would be nice if its in black (since my room has a black theme, and JVC RS-46 is black too)
- A low lamp cost would be awesome ..
- Would like to avoid DLP Link if possible, as its not generally appreciated ..
So which one guys ?
Edited by ahmadka, November 17 2013 - 08:19 AM.