Weekly RoundUp 11-19-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

– Planes – 2013

– The Bells of St. Mary's – 1945

– Jennifer Aniston (We're the Millers – 2013) 

–The World's End – 2013

– Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg (2 Guns – 2013)

– Othello – 1965

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
2 Guns   $19.99 $17.99 $17.99
All is Bright   $22.93
And While We Were Here   $21.98
Bells of St. Mary's, The [Olive Films]  $17.96
Breaking the Girls   $21.98
Crystal Fairy   $22.48
Danguard Ace: The Movie Collection   $17.94
Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet (Story 29) $29.73
Drew: The Man Behind the Poster   $26.95
Here's Edie: Edie Adams TV Collection $42.46
The Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning 2-Movie Collection   $26.99 $17.99
Lost Girl: Season Three   $35.99
Othello [1965] $16.98
Paranoia   $19.86 $14.99
Peter Gunn: The Final Season $26.98
Planes   $19.96 $17.99 $17.99
Russian Ark: Anniversary Edition   $26.98
Therese   $21.98
The To Do List   $19.99
Touched By an Angel: Season 9 (Final Season) $49.86
Treme:  Season 3   $25.99
Violet & Daisy   $26.96
Vivian Leigh Anniversary Collection   $44.99
We're the Millers   $19.99 $17.99 $17.99
The World's End   $19.99 $17.99 $17.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
2 Guns [Combo Pack]   $23.99 $22.99 $22.99
All Is Bright $21.23
And While We Were Here   $26.98
Assault On Precinct 13 [Combo Pack]   $22.94
Bells of St. Mary's, The  [Olive Films]  $26.96
Crystal Fairy    $26.98
Eve of Destruction   $16.98
The Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning 2-Movie Collection [Combo Pack]   $26.99 $27.99
Lost Girl: Season Three   $39.99
Maniac Cop 2 [Combo Pack]   $17.49
Maniac Cop 3-Badge of Silence [Combo Pack]   $17.49
Night Of The Comet [Combo Pack]   $24.99
Paranoia   $35.99 $17.99
Planes   [Combo Pack] $24.96 $22.99 $22.99
Planes [3-D]   $32.99 $27.99 $27.99
Russian Ark: Anniversary Edition   $31.44
Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Five   $77.99 $57.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation – Unification   $16.99 $14.99
Tank Girl CE [Combo Pack]   $21.98
The To Do List   $24.99
Tokyo Story [Criterion Collection][Combo Pack]   $33.96
Treme: The Complete Third Season   $32.99
Violet & Daisy   $29.99
Vivian Leigh Anniversary Collection   $49.99
We're the Millers  [Combo Pack] $24.99 $22.99 $22.99
The World's End  [Combo Pack] $23.99 $22.99 $22.99

Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:

The Vivien Leigh Collection (Blu-ray):  Fire Over England (1936), Dark Journey(1937), Storm In A Teacup(1937), St. Martin s Lane(1937).

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--At Best Buy, this week, save $10, instantly, when you buy Planes Blu-ray with ANY Planes Nintendo video game. 

--Best Buy also has a couple of Pre-Order offers for Red 2 and Fast & Furious 6.  Pre-order Red 2 Blu Combo Pack with 20 minutes of EXCLUSIVE bonus content for $19.99.  Watch the movie now via CinemaNow and pick up your Blu copy on November 26.  And...pre-order Fast & Furious 6 starting 11-19-13 for $19.99.  Watch the movie now via CinemaNow and get your Blu Combo Pack with Steelbook packaging and $5 CinemaNow credit at Best Buy 12-10-13.

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$14.99:  Turbo.

$14.99:  Turbo (Blu CP), Man of Steel.

$24.99:  Man of Steel (Blu CP).

$29.99:  Man of Steel (3-D Blu CP), Under the Dome: Season 1.

$34.99: Dexter: Final Season, Under the Dome Season 1 (Blu).

$39.99:  Dexter: Final Season (Blu).

$74.99:  The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Box (Blu), The Wizard of Oz (3-D Blu Combo Pack Box).

--Best Buy has EXCLUSIVE "Metalbook" packaging with its Blu Combo Packs of 2 Guns.

--Best Buy has a triple feature release of The World's End/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead for $34.99 (Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report..

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Disney's Planes.  Over 55 minutes of  bonus content.  Includes deleted scenes.  Also, buy Planes on Blu-ray and get 50% off one "Pull and Fly buddies" toy.  Shown is a "Pull and Fly" plane for $9.99.

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE GRAPHIC NOVEL with its Blu copies of 2 Guns. 

--Target has the following recent Blu-ray releases on sale this week:

$13.99:  Identity Thief.

$14.99:  Tyler Perry's Temptation.

$15.99:  Lawless.

$22.99:  Escape from Planet Earth, The Call, Django Unchained.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everybody!

I'm away on vacation this week. Surprised I remembered to post this week's RoundUp tonight. I've lost track of what day it is...being away from work and all.

Anyway. I put this week's RoundUp to bed a little early...so some of the prices may not be fully up-to-speed. Please feel free to report on those prices which have been updated (to match competitor's pricing). I had checked as recently as two days ago and none had yet been changed.

I'll be checking back in in a few days!

Mike
gallery_286742_34_236215.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be grabbing Planes at target.Don't forget to get your $7 coipon from Scott brand's web site for Planes.The 3movie Shaun of the Dead etc pack is also on amazon for $35.I watched Russian Arc a few years ago. Interesting but more of a curiosity then anything else since it was recorded in one long continious take with no cuts.Have fun at Mick's place Mike.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I forgot how expensive this week was going to be:

Cancelled Planes 3D at Amazon and will get it at Target this week with the Scott's coupon...thanks for the reminder, Tony! (Assuming I can use the $7 coupon plus the 10% Cartwheel coupon together. If not, really no biggie.)

Got Little Mermaid II/III coming, though it hasn't shipped yet.

TNG S5 and Unification shipped this morning from Amazon. I'm not at all thrilled with that since Amazon prices (even right now) are much higher than BB's. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Jason_V said:

TNG S5 and Unification shipped this morning from Amazon. I'm not at all thrilled with that since Amazon prices (even right now) are much higher than BB's. I'll have to see what I can do about that.
If Amazon's past behavior holds, they'll be lowering the price of TNG S5 to match Best Buy sometime today. Then in a day or two you get an e-mail that they're issuing you a refund for the difference. You shouldn't have to lift a finger.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Do the 2D & 3D combo packs at Target contain the 55 minutes of bonus content?

Oh, and thanks for the Roundup.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be I target first thing tuesday morning so so I'll post the info right away then.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Craig S said:
If Amazon's past behavior holds, they'll be lowering the price of TNG S5 to match Best Buy sometime today. Then in a day or two you get an e-mail that they're issuing you a refund for the difference. You shouldn't have to lift a finger.
Cool. I just re-read Amazon's policy and it goes through the day of release, not the shipping day. I thought it might have been the latter and not the former. *Whew* Thanks Craig!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those interested in Russian Ark -- BN has this 50% off ($17.50) there may also be some extra discounts available once it is released. Nosferatu is also 19.99, but is still listed as a preorder on BN so no extra discounts available yet.There seems to be some confusion whether this sale in Online only or available in store.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Epcot Mickey? Oh, no, no, no, no. You've got to go to the Mickey at the Magic Kingdom. He's in the Town Square Theater up front. He's far more...interactive. Trust me.

(Spoiler Alert: he talks now.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Target cartwheel also has a 10% off for Planes and 2 Guns

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks