-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is this really the world's best home theater system?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 michaeltrottar

michaeltrottar

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 05:23 AM

A perfectly set up for home theater system. Is this the best in the world??

Home-Theatre.jpg

Edited by michaeltrottar, November 13 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#2 of 11 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,562 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 13 2013 - 05:48 AM

A perfectly set up for home theater system. Is this the best in the world??

attachicon.gifHome-Theatre.jpg

Too much light, my perfect home cinema would have dark walls and ceiling, i feel there is more to a perfect system than the equipment, do you have any info on the equipment they use, i'm interested although i still don't like their room setup.

Edited by FoxyMulder, November 13 2013 - 05:51 AM.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 11 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,984 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted November 13 2013 - 06:42 AM

Did you build this out Michael? You've got no link to the room, so it looks a bit fishy....

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#4 of 11 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted November 13 2013 - 11:35 AM

The best in the world is determined by video and audio accuracy, plus maybe comfort.  Fancy aesthetics go out the window when the lights go out.  Without a gear list its hard to say if its even in the running for the best in the world.  Sure it looks nice but if they fire up an LCD projector I swear Im walkin right out their fancy door sir.  LCoS owners are a very snobby bunch.

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#5 of 11 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,562 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 13 2013 - 11:42 AM

The best in the world is determined by video and audio accuracy, plus maybe comfort.  Fancy aesthetics go out the window when the lights go out.  Without a gear list its hard to say if its even in the running for the best in the world.  Sure it looks nice but if they fire up an LCD projector I swear Im walkin right out their fancy door sir.  LCoS owners are a very snobby bunch.

Anything less than a Sim Lumis 3D-S for projection duties and it's not the world's best, 3D is important to me, unfortunately LCoS isn't delivering with 3D.

http://www.homecinem...d-s-review/9598

I need to win the lottery to afford a Sim.

Edited by FoxyMulder, November 13 2013 - 11:43 AM.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 of 11 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted November 13 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yeah it was more of a joke.  Im sure for that many seats theyre using a large venue pro DLP projector.  I doubt a consumer projector like the Sim could light that screen size.  

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#7 of 11 michaeltrottar

michaeltrottar

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted November 18 2013 - 01:49 AM

Too much light, my perfect home cinema would have dark walls and ceiling, i feel there is more to a perfect system than the equipment, do you have any info on the equipment they use, i'm interested although i still don't like their room setup.

Yes but that much light is just to take a photo shoot you can in fact switch it off....

#8 of 11 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,562 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 18 2013 - 06:12 AM

Yes but that much light is just to take a photo shoot you can in fact switch it off....

I'm talking about wall and ceiling colours and not the actual light in the picture, they look bright and with projection systems such light can have a negative impact on contrast.

#9 of 11 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,366 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 18 2013 - 08:14 AM

It is also possible the picture was post processed to lighten it up to, you know, see it.

#10 of 11 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,562 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 18 2013 - 12:50 PM

It is also possible the picture was post processed to lighten it up to, you know, see it.

It's all moot unless we know the equipment, a picture in this case isn't worth a thousand words.

#11 of 11 Bobofbone

Bobofbone

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted November 18 2013 - 06:35 PM

I can't provide a link, but the picture looks familiar. I think you might be able to find it if you go to the Google home page, click images and search home theaters.

A definition of best home theater is somewhat subjective. While the aesthetic touches may not be visible when the lights go out, I think they still count. In my mind, part of what I try to do is recreate what I've experienced going into theaters in the past, on a smaller scale, at home. The theaters I used to see, like The Fox Theater in Detroit when I was a kid, were quite ornate. They were also big, for the audiences from times past, before home television. Movies were an occassion, the audiences larger and the total selection at any one time, smaller. While having a great sound system and picture probably trumps what's on the walls and floor when the lights go down, part of the experience is getting there, and aesthetics (whatever type turns you on) adds to the experience.  Just watch the faces of your guests the first time they see yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users