What's new

Terry Gilliam and Arrow Films need your help to restore Goto, Island of Love (1 Viewer)

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Arrow Films are embarking on an ambitious project to reclaim Walerian Borowczyk as one of the great names in world cinema. They plan on releasing a box set including 5 of his feature films and 14 of his short films next spring. Plans at the moment are to include all of this in HD, apart from one feature, Goto, Island of Love which is currently only available in SD. But with your help, a new restoration can be undertaken and we can get Goto in HD as well:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380593722/restore-goto

Terry Gilliam, heavily influenced by Walerian Borowczyk, is backing the project. Pledges start at as little as £1, though £20 will get you a copy of the single Goto, Island of Love Blu-ray, whilst £60 will get you the 4 disc Blu-ray, 7 disc DVD box set itself (plus £3 for non-UK delivery). For those interested in such things, James White will be handling the restoration work.

For those with little to no interest in the films themselves, or those who are not region B capable, a donation towards the restoration of film classics in general may be something you'd like to consider. I'm sure most here would like to see future Kickstarter style projects to help get unknown or under appreciated classics the recognition they deserve.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
EddieLarkin said:
For those with little to no interest in the films themselves, or those who are not region B capable, a donation towards the restoration of film classics in general may be something you'd like to consider. I'm sure most here would like to see future Kickstarter style projects to help get unknown or under appreciated classics the recognition they deserve.
Hear hear! I'd always be happy to support such a cause.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
It's great to see some people enthusiastic for this. The project is nearly 50% covered only a couple of days in. One of the producers of the set has stated they have plans to make it an even greater product if they exceed their goal, which I'm confident they will.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Anyone considering who may be hard up for cash at the moment, remember your card is not charged until after the Kickstarter finishes, on January 11th. That's regardless of when they reach £20K.

Also, Arrow recently indicated on Twitter that they will consider future projects like this once this one is done and dusted (and I'm sure other UK independent labels are watching closely as well). So if you're interested in the restoration of films in general, a small donation could go a long way.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Another gentle bump as one of the larger donators has pulled out............never mind please spread the word. :)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Peter Apruzzese said:
In this economy and at this time of year? Sorry...not a chance even if it were something that interested me.
Oh well, never mind..........I am sure there are still loads of film fans out there who don't mind giving a little for film restoration. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks