What's new

Rockford's Firebird (1 Viewer)

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I've only discovered Rockford Files this year and I've got to confess that it's one of my favorite TV shows. Since I was an owner of a Firbird 1980 in my youth, I'm always excited to see that 180 turnaround move done by Rockford in his Firebird but one thing really bugs me is that in season 4 and 5 you'll see the Firebird 1977-79 (the regular vehicle for the last three seasons) but you'll also see, not often but about, maybe, 5 of 6 times the Firebird 1974-76 (the regular vehicle of the first 3 seasons). Well somebody working in the edit didn't do his work and took scenes from the first three seasons and put them in the last 3 seasons. I guess nobody's perfect!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Ahh. His signature J-turn that even today, almost 40 years later is still called a "Rockford". It was a great show. I watched it all on DVD a few years ago and need to give it another run after I start and finish Magnum PI.

Good catch on the car changes, I never noticed.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
maskedmala said:
I've only discovered Rockford Files this year and I've got to confess that it's one of my favorite TV shows. Since I was an owner of a Firbird 1980 in my youth, I'm always excited to see that 180 turnaround move done by Rockford in his Firebird but one thing really bugs me is that in season 4 and 5 you'll see the Firebird 1977-79 (the regular vehicle for the last three seasons) but you'll also see, not often but about, maybe, 5 of 6 times the Firebird 1974-76 (the regular vehicle of the first 3 seasons). Well somebody working in the edit didn't do his work and took scenes from the first three seasons and put them in the last 3 seasons. I guess nobody's perfect!
If you find that interesting, there is an episode in either the first or second season where they used the repeat version. And it was either a two-parter converted to a two-hour episode or vice-versa. Nothing was cut, but they needed to pad out the episode for the new runtime.So, they 'extended' a chase scene by adding in additional edits of the Firebird. But they took footage from a later season. So the car kept changing from two to four headlights - in the middle of the same chase!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Rockford related but off the car topic

Did the second set of post series made for TV movies ever get released??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks