Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rockford's Firebird

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:02 AM

I've only discovered Rockford Files this year and I've got to confess that it's one of my favorite TV shows. Since I was an owner of a Firbird 1980 in my youth, I'm always excited to see that 180 turnaround move done by Rockford in his Firebird but one thing really bugs me is that in season 4 and 5 you'll see the Firebird 1977-79 (the regular vehicle for the last three seasons) but you'll also see, not often but about, maybe, 5 of 6 times the Firebird 1974-76 (the regular vehicle of the first 3 seasons). Well somebody working in the edit didn't do his work and took scenes from the first three seasons and put them in the last 3 seasons. I guess nobody's perfect!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,168 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ahh.  His signature J-turn that even today, almost 40 years later is still called a "Rockford".  It was a great show.  I watched it all on DVD a few years ago and need to give it another run after I start and finish Magnum PI.

Good catch on the car changes, I never noticed.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 12:19 PM

Adam, it's strange but I was about to start watching Magnum PI after completing Rockford Files.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've only discovered Rockford Files this year and I've got to confess that it's one of my favorite TV shows. Since I was an owner of a Firbird 1980 in my youth, I'm always excited to see that 180 turnaround move done by Rockford in his Firebird but one thing really bugs me is that in season 4 and 5 you'll see the Firebird 1977-79 (the regular vehicle for the last three seasons) but you'll also see, not often but about, maybe, 5 of 6 times the Firebird 1974-76 (the regular vehicle of the first 3 seasons). Well somebody working in the edit didn't do his work and took scenes from the first three seasons and put them in the last 3 seasons. I guess nobody's perfect!

If you find that interesting, there is an episode in either the first or second season where they used the repeat version. And it was either a two-parter converted to a two-hour episode or vice-versa. Nothing was cut, but they needed to pad out the episode for the new runtime.So, they 'extended' a chase scene by adding in additional edits of the Firebird. But they took footage from a later season. So the car kept changing from two to four headlights - in the middle of the same chase!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted November 15 2013 - 06:35 AM

Rockford related but off the car topic

Did the second set of post series made for TV movies ever get released??

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 2,066 posts

Posted November 15 2013 - 06:47 AM

Sadly, no.It's only been four years. What's your hurry? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users