What's new

COD: GHOSTS (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I got Call Of Duty Ghosts for the 360, and I have to say as a huge fan of the series this one is a major letdown. Granted it is still a good game, but it has way too many annoying problems that detract from the fun. Multiplayer only(I rarely play campaign on any COD game) I have spent quite a few hours on it, and this is my take:

-I hate the "look" of the game. Graphics are fine, bu the layout from the minimap, to loadout weapons chart, to character callsign, is just bland. It's obvious the developers are going for a more realistic "BATTLEFIELD" look. Newsflash-This is COD You already have your fans. Let the people that love Battlefield play that series of games, because you sure aren't making any new fans with this tactic.

-The Kill/Death ratio. Seriously every Treyarch COD I play I'm always fairly decent to really good(Average match 19 kills/6 deaths) So Infinity ward has upped the stakes with this one. My best game in a bout 7 hours of Team deathmatch, and free for all was 8 kills 3 deaths( because I just gave up and camped in frustration) average per game 11 kills 16 deaths.....seriously WTF?

-The leveling up is cumbersome and horrible.

-The killstrreaks, weapons choices, are mostly terrible. While the perks options are confusing, and stupid.

-The maps are 50/50. I love half and hate half. Most are way too large, and clunky. This is one area that Treyarch always excels at. Infinity Ward maps have never been great, but wow, most of these are just clunky, and large.

-"Squad" idea is horrible, and should never been implemented.

I'm giving this one a few more hours, but seriously thinking of selling it soon. What a sad day. From now on Treyarch COD only!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone prefer Treyarch to Infinity Ward. Of course, the last COD game that I played myself was World at War (and I only play offline)! :)

I have been playing on PS3, and I gotta say the class customization is aping black ops one, the maps are aping Battlefield which I don't mind to much, because it does make it feel different enough for a COD game. The matchmaking/lag/inconsistent connection thing going on is killing me. I can play for hours and not get a good match, then suddenly I am Rambo taking out the entire other team. I can see how bad I am lagging from live game to kill cam. I have great internet, Black Ops I hold about a 1.50 k/d, but MW3, BO2, and Ghosts it has consistently gotten worse. I would have sold this game already, but I know dedicated servers are coming, so I will hold off till those launch and then make a decision. Last chance Activision, Infinity Ward, and Treyarch.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Blindsided46

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I agree. I've been a diehard IW CoD fan since MW1...which I still play quite often. But with every new release its like I'm just playing the same game. Nothing changes except for a few weapons and perks. We've literally been playing the same game for several years...
My biggest complaint is the weapon choices...or lack thereof. And to me they all feel the same.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I thought CoD has been a relatively uninspired series since they were still set in WWII, pre-Modern Warfare. MW1 is the only one I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks