Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: The Jungle Book Diamond Edition (Blu-ray Combos)

Disney BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 09:25 AM

75868B43-7F9A-4005-84C8-A9200FF71745.png 88116C50-5839-4B4C-B63D-A83D4F813F4B.png

Make Mowgli and His Jungle Family A Part of Yours When

<4C805459-98EE-4EE2-BCCB-20CADED6C61E.png>

Swings onto Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital on February 11, 2014

Film Synopsis:                  Now for the first time ever on Blu-ray with glorious digital high definition, Disney’s Jumpin’ Jungle Classic has never looked so lush or sounded so good! Beloved characters, swinging music and new behind-the-scenes bonus features make this Diamond Edition Blu-ray a must-have for every family’s classic collection! 

Meet the most unforgettable characters and embark on a thrilling adventure with Mowgli as he journeys deep into the jungle and learns “The Bare Necessities” of life from happy-go-lucky Baloo the bear. Meet Bagheera, the wise old panther, and crazy King Louie, the orangutan. But watch out for the cunning tiger Shere Khan and Kaa, the ssssneakiest snake in the jungle!

Explore your family’s wild side as you venture into The Jungle Book for extraordinary adventures and a heartwarming tale that celebrates the true meaning of friendship. 

Voice Talent:                      Phil Harris (Robin Hood, The Aristocats) as Baloo the Bear; Sebastian Cabot (The Sword and the Stone, Winnie the Pooh) as Bagheera the Panther; Bruce Reitherman (Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree) as Mowgli the Man Cub; George Sanders (All About Eve, Rebecca) as Shere Khan the Tiger; Sterling Halloway (The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland) as Kaa the Snake; J. Pat O’Malley (Robin Hood, Mary Poppins) as Col. Hathi the Elephant/Buzzie; and Louis Prima (The Continental Twist Hey Boy! Hey Girl!as King Louie of the Apes

Producer:                             Walt Disney

Director                                 Wolfgang Reitherman (The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians, The Aristocats)

Writers:                                 Larry Clemmons (The Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, The Aristocats)

Ralph Wright (The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, The Aristocats)

Ken Anderson (The Rescuers, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh)

Vance Gerry (The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Robin Hood)

**Inspired by the Rudyard Kipling Mowgli Stories.

Music:                                      Music by George Bruns, Songs by Robert B. Sherman and Richard M. Sherman.  “The Bare Necessities” by Terry Gilkyson.”

Release Date:                    February 11, 2014          

Direct Prebook                December 17, 2013         

Distributor Prebook: December 31, 2013         

All-New Blu-ray               Introductions by Diane Disney Miller and Richard M. Sherman

Bonus Features:             Alternate Ending – Mowgli and The Hunter

@DisneyAnimation: Sparking Creativity

Music, Memories & Mowgli: A Conversation with Richard M. Sherman, Diane Disney Miller and Floyd Norman

Disney Intermission – Bear-E-Oke hosted by Baloo

Bear-E-Oke Sing A Long

I Wanna Be Like You – Hangin’ Out At Disney’s Animal Kingdom

DVD Bonus Features:                   All the Classic bonus features included in the original DVD release

Packaging:                          2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack  (BD + DVD + Digital Copy), DVD and Digital

Feature Run Time:       78-minutes        

Rated:                                      G in U.S. & Canada (Bonus materials are not rated)

Aspect Ratio:                      1.75:1 formatted for 16x9 TV screens

Sound:                                    Blu-ray: 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (English); Original Theatrical Mix (English); Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (French and Spanish)

DVD: Original Theatrical Mix (English); Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (English, French and Spanish)

Languages:                         English, French and Spanish

Subtitles:                              English SDH, French and Spanish

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 10:06 AM

If you find out you can live without it...
An' go along, not thinkin' about it...
  • battlebeast likes this

#3 of 18 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,235 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 08 2013 - 10:23 AM

If you find out you can live without it...
An' go along, not thinkin' about it...

This is one title I cannot go along, not thinkin' about it.

Where else would one turn for such practical advice?

Now when you pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Well next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw
Have I given you a clue?

:biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,674 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 10:44 AM

I had pre-ordered the gold case one a little while ago.

Are there now two Blu-Ray versions?

I only see a link to one (same one I pre-ordered)

#5 of 18 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,235 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 08 2013 - 11:43 AM

I had pre-ordered the gold case one a little while ago.

Are there now two Blu-Ray versions?

I only see a link to one (same one I pre-ordered)

Ron's post makes it look like there will be both a Blu+DVD version and a Blu+DVD+Digital HD version.

The only one I can find on Amazon is the Blu+DVD+Digital HD version.

There is currently one of those $5 coupons that Amazon does for new Disney releases.  I would much prefer to take $5 off the non-digital copy version though.  Should I go ahead and pre-order the other (currently listed at $34.95) using the $5 coupon...or wait?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,078 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted November 08 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'm waiting and seeing on this one, much like I will 101 Dalmatians, as these are two examples of films with Xeroxed linework, which has very much of a sketchbook quality. If Disney wants to continue degraining, they'll have to scan this one at 6-8K then apply their tools, otherwise it'll be The Sword and the Stone all over again.

• MatthewA likes this
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,320 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 08 2013 - 12:27 PM

Non-platinums get it worse than platinums, as a rule.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted November 08 2013 - 12:46 PM

My first thought was.."What, no 3D release?"  But figured that might be too snarky.  :rolleyes:

Pre-ordered through the HTF link...even if it is the gold one and not the other, I'm okay with that.  I can always cancel with no problem as we get closer to release date.

So this means we're going to be getting Jungle Book 2 sometime in late February or early March. 

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks, all, who pre-ordered via the HTF link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#10 of 18 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,235 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 08 2013 - 02:08 PM

Thanks, all, who pre-ordered via the HTF link.

Add me to the list.  But I hope I can pre-order the other version (without the digital copy) and still end up using Amazon's five dollar coupon. 

IIRC, this happened with me and The Little Mermaid.  Except that in the case of The Little Mermaid, I ended up with my first-ever 3-D disc (and better cover art)!  :laugh:

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted November 08 2013 - 03:47 PM

The gold cover looks really nice, though maybe I could get someone on here to possibly tweek this cover a bit to make it better.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 05:40 PM

Look, there was a trailer on the Little Mermaid and the film looked so degrained I barely recognized it. Hence my lack of enthusiasm.

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 06:04 PM

Has anybody reviewed this yet? I have it--it looks better than I thought.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   ScottJH

ScottJH

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 07:00 PM

Has anybody reviewed this yet? I have it--it looks better than I thought.

http://www.hometheat...blu-ray-review/

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 548 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted March 06 2014 - 11:44 PM

OK, I just purchased the Gold Diamond editon of The Jungle Book (been wanting this movie since I was 8 years old, still have never seen it straight through).   Wal-Mart relieved my wallet to the tune of $24.99.  I would have settled for the Blue Diamond Edition (does not have the digital copy) but this Wal-Mart only had 5 Gold Diamond copies left (a couple weeks earlier, they had a whole display full).  Being a limited Disney release, thought I'd better get it now. 

Did check Amazon before buying at Wal-Mart.  Amazon wanted $29.99 and that doesn't include shipping.

Once I get to watch it, I'll let everyone here know how I liked it.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 07 2014 - 06:45 AM

OK, I just purchased the Gold Diamond editon of The Jungle Book (been wanting this movie since I was 8 years old, still have never seen it straight through).   Wal-Mart relieved my wallet to the tune of $24.99.  I would have settled for the Blue Diamond Edition (does not have the digital copy) but this Wal-Mart only had 5 Gold Diamond copies left (a couple weeks earlier, they had a whole display full).  Being a limited Disney release, thought I'd better get it now. 

Did check Amazon before buying at Wal-Mart.  Amazon wanted $29.99 and that doesn't include shipping.

Once I get to watch it, I'll let everyone here know how I liked it.

It may help you to preorder next time through Amazon.  My original preorder price was $34.99.  It was price matched all the way down to $19.96 by release day.  I know preorder's aren't for everybody, but that's a $5 swing from the Wal Mart price to Amazon (the tax/shipping and gas cancel each other out, I think).

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,674 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 07:24 AM

It may help you to preorder next time through Amazon. My original preorder price was $34.99. It was price matched all the way down to $19.96 by release day. I know preorder's aren't for everybody, but that's a $5 swing from the Wal Mart price to Amazon (the tax/shipping and gas cancel each other out, I think).

Plus, sometimes an Amazon preorder contains an additional dollars off coupon (JB had a $5 one - bringing the preorder down to $14.96)
  • Jason_V likes this

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 548 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted March 07 2014 - 07:10 PM

Plus, sometimes an Amazon preorder contains an additional dollars off coupon (JB had a $5 one - bringing the preorder down to $14.96)

Oh shucks.  Time to go shoot myself on this one.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users