Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MARVEL is bringing four new live-action shows to Netflix leading to a "Defenders event"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 of 41 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,593 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 06:20 AM

These days, Jones basically only exists to fight and make up with Luke Cage.  Seriously, every issue they are alternatively on the verge of divorce ("I can't take any more of this, Luke!  You've changed!) and getting back together ("this is the man I fell in love with!").  There is lots of Luke Cage yelling about how he can't change who he is.

Seriously, it's like a computer program writes for Cage and Jones.

#22 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 06:39 AM

Ah, ok. Doesn't sound too enticing on the surface. Hopefully they have an idea for a take on the character and story that is more interesting. I would imagine so, since they are doing the 13 episode miniseries.

I don't know much about Cage either, other than he is a big strong dude. Know nothing about Iron Fist either. Are Cage and Iron First the two that have the "Heroes for Hire" business?

I'm getting the impression that the "Defenders" miniseries they are doing is more of a take on "Marvel Knights" with Daredevil, Cage, Punisher, Ghost Rider instead of the Defenders with Dr.Strange, Hulk, Submariner, etc... But maybe they'll still bring in element of those guys?

Either way, Strange will definitely be a Phase 3 movie, and MARVEL Studios really needs to do another Hulk film as well.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#23 of 41 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,864 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 13 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, Cage (Power Man) and Danny Rand (Iron Fist) were the Heroes for Hire. I don't think they were involved with the last group of that name, but I think they're supposedly getting the band back together soon.

I think Cage has indestructible skin and that's it.  Maybe he has super strength.  Rand is a master martial artist with mystical powers that mainly involve flaming fists or something. :)

#24 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 17 2014 - 05:52 PM

Deadline: Marvel's 'Agent Carter' series development moving forward

Captain America: The First Avenger's Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the pilot script, and "Reaper" creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas would be the showrunners if a pilot is ordered. Hayley Atwell would reprise her role as the title character.

This is the Marvel TV project I'm most excited about. I loved Markus & McFeely's screenplay for the first Captain America, and I really enjoyed "Reaper" when it was on the CW.

If ABC does order it to series, I'd almost prefer it take the "Sleepy Hollow" production model with shorter seasons with lots of lead time between filming and airing.
  • Sam Favate likes this

#25 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted January 20 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'd love to see more of Agent Carter. I think a late 40's setting with her, Howard Stark and Dum Dum Doogan would be great.

#26 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 08:49 AM

The Netflix series will be filming in NYC.

http://www.thewrap.c...-iger-announce/

#27 of 41 OFFLINE   Chip_HT

Chip_HT

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 08:52 PM

While I like the idea of an Agent Carter series, based on the one-shot, I'm not sure how it would be any different than just 1940's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

Then again, I guess that's a more creative spinoff than just changing the city.

#28 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 24 2014 - 02:51 PM

Deadline: "Spartacus" creator Steven S. DeKnight replaces "Angel" colleague Drew Goddard as showrunner of Netflix's new "Daredevil" series

Goddard wrote the first two episodes of the series before departing the project to shepard Sony's Sinister Six spin-off of the Amazing Spider-Man movies. He will still be credited as an executive producer.

Marvel is still looking for a well-known director to helm the pilot.

#29 of 41 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,898 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 03:54 PM

Lots of chatter on this, coming on the heels of Wright's departure from Ant Man, but I don't think there's anything troublesome here. Goddard got a deal to write and direct a feature; of course he's going to do that. He is still involved as a producer, so I think things will be okay with this.

#30 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 24 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yes, Wright's departure is very troubling to me. This is not troubling at all. If anything, the Daredevil character is more suited to DeKnight's sensibilities than Goddard's. DeKnight also has experience writing superheroes for television, having written 15 episodes of "Smallville" toward the end of Millar & Gough's tenure as showrunners.

I think a lot of the chatter comes from Latino Review's original story on this, which linked Goddard's departure with Wright's and made no mention that Goddard would continue to be credited as executive producer nor that he was writing the Sinister Six spin-off for Sony.

#31 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yes, I don't see any "pattern" here to get concerned about. Seems like the two departures are two completely different circumstances.

DeKnight also worked with Whedon on Buffy and Angel. I think they'll be fine with him as show runner.

#32 of 41 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted May 27 2014 - 07:03 AM

Agent Carter series with Haley Atwell?  Yes please.  I would watch her read a phone book.  I'm in love with her.

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#33 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 27 2014 - 05:25 PM

Entertainment Weekly: "Boardwalk Empire" alum Charlie Cox cast as Matt Murdock/Daredevil

I'm not familiar with his work, but my knee jerk reaction is that he doesn't look like how I imagined the character.

#34 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 27 2014 - 06:47 PM

Like everyone on Boardwalk Empire, he was great. While I wouldn't have thought of him as Daredevil, his BE character could be a tough & violent guy towards gangsters but he was also tender to non-gangsters. I would assume that that's something that Marvel will want to do with Daredevil too.

#35 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:54 PM

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

image.jpg

http://marvel.com/ne...evil_on_netflix
  • dana martin likes this

#36 of 41 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,619 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 08:24 PM

I didn't think anyone COULD replace Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin (not even John Rhys-Davies in the 80's TV-movie), but Pvt. Pyle could do it.  

He's got the bulk, and brings a little extra crazy to it.  

Goddard wrote the first two episodes of the series before departing the project to shepard Sony's Sinister Six spin-off of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

(Well, this was an old post from May...)   ;)

#37 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 17 2014 - 03:32 PM

True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll will play Karen Page, Matt Murdock's love interest, in Netflix's "Daredevil" series
  • Cameron Yee likes this

#38 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 08:25 PM

Daredevil hits Netflix next May (2015)!

image.jpg
  • dana martin likes this

#39 of 41 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,291 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 13 2014 - 06:35 AM

Paste magazine has a good, in-depth interview with new "Daredevil" showrunner Steven S. DeKnight about his background and his plans for the show.

#40 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,689 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 08:43 PM

Scott Glenn is Stick!

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Scott Glenn has joined "Marvel's Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

Best known for his work in blockbuster films such as "The Bourne Ultimatum," "Silence of The Lambs" and "The Hunt For Red October," Scott Glenn will play Stick, the mysterious martial artist and mentor of Matt Murdock (a.k.a. Daredevil).

Scott Glenn joins Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), with Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio (Wilson Fisk) in the critically-lauded cast of "Marvel's Daredevil."

"Stick is one of the most important figures in Matt Murdock's life and Scott Glenn embodies all the qualities of someone so integral to this hero's journey," said Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television. "There are few actors who could bring such the authenticity, gravitas and charisma to such a key role in Matt's journey to become the super hero we call Daredevil."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users