What's new

Need a decent 5.1 receiver (1 Viewer)

Spetznaz24

Auditioning
Real Name
Serge
Hello all. I have an old 9 year old Kenwood 6.1 receiver that I want to replace. Was purchased at radioshack as part of a HTIB. I replaced the speakers with energy classic speakers and now want to replace the receiver. Receiver will be used with a PS3, Directv for movies and games.

I am only looking for 5.1 . One feature i am looking for is the HDMI standby pass through

I have been recommended the Denon AVR-300. Those seem to be a little out of my price ranger. They are about $350-400 online. I have found out that FRY's has them for $200 regularly. Unfortunately I am in the North East. There are absolutely no decent instore deals at places like Best Buy.

I have also seen the Denon AVR-1613 for around $290 new or $220 refurbished. Does anybody have a guess as to when the E300 will begin to be sold at deep discounts ?

Is there a big difference between 1613 vs E300.

Also feel free to recommend any other decent receivers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is a guy on here selling a 1612. You might check on Denon's website to see if that one has it.All new entry-level AVR debut in March. Been that way for 30+ years. E300 Will be clearance then.The lowest Yamaha with it is the 475. Not sure if the 473 had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks