Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about the movie "Journey 2: Mysterious Island"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,946 posts

Posted November 05 2013 - 03:38 PM

If anyone has seen the movie...maybe, you can answer my question. If the island sinks underwater every 80yrs. How is it possible all of these plants, animals and insects survive?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 05 2013 - 04:13 PM

If anyone has seen the movie...maybe, you can answer my question. If the island sinks underwater every 80yrs. How is it possible all of these plants, animals and insects survive?

I have seen the 3D version, i would think plants, animals and insects return once the island is above water again. 

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,463 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 07 2013 - 01:37 PM

I would think life returns when the scriptwriters deem it so. :)  Come on, this is like saying about Bambi, "the animals can talk, how does that happen."  J2 is so divorced from reality, why question anything?

I saw J2 once and that was enough.  It doesn't hold a candle to J1.  BTW, that mine railway in J1, why in heaven would any mining company build a railway like that?  Well, the movie is so good, I don't care. :) Come to think of it, Raiders 2 had a similar railway, didn't care there either.  Just go with the non-sensical flow.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users