What's new

Home Theater Build (1 Viewer)

metalheaddad

Auditioning
I am making my living room into a Home Theater. My father owns the house but it's a rental. The renovations I owe the money for anyway so I can put down what I like so I want durable and inexpensive. The walls will be a light living room colour and curtains will come out of wooden boxes for the theater. The room is approx 11.5 ft x 15 ft. I was planning on the benq 1070. I can get it from Costco for just over 1k with 2 sets of glasses but if there's better I am open to suggestions not much over that price. I need suggestions for the flooring and I am allergic to dust so no carpet.

metalheaddad

Auditioning
About 1k for the projector 500 for the screen. Not sure on the floor but as low as possible but very durable. Not sure on the overall cost but it has to be done. I buy what I can when I can so my budget is what I save for. If you want actual dollar and cent amounts I am the contractor so it cost what it costs. I can't change material costs.

metalheaddad

Auditioning
What I really need to know is what flooring should I use taking into account it's in a theater. I know renovation and have worked as a contractor. I know all about installation, what I need is acoustics and lighting info. Which materials will withstand renters after I leave if I move and suit my purposes. I need inexpensive but not cheap.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
IS this a basement or upstairs?

There are bunches of acoustical wall and floor treatments. Are you doing carpet, wood, faux-wood, granite. formica,...???? (and yes you can do non-carpet if you use acoustical barrier under the floor first).

metalheaddad

Auditioning
Main floor addition with nothing but a crawl space under. Seen an interesting in the floor sub setup I like but I can't find the thread

metalheaddad

Auditioning
Nothing decided on the flooring yet. I am doing the bathroom floor first, hope to have the materials by Christmas

metalheaddad

Auditioning
What I need to know is what are my flooring options taking into consideration I need in floor heating that are optimal for both sound and a projected image.

metalheaddad

Auditioning
I have ductwork, in floor heating as in an electric mat under the flooring material. Electric just to supplement the regular heating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks