What's new

Terminator 3 - When will we see a lossless track ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I realize this may have been covered before but I would like to start from scratch with a new fresh post that is updated!

So has anyone heard when we will see Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines with a lossless audio track? In the past I was DTS all the way because I hated Dolby Digital with a passion and still do. How ever this changes with lossless and I have plenty of DTS-HD Master Audio titles and I have Dolby True HD titles. While there is a good chance because of most studios going with DTS-HD Master Audio, truth is I would buy it no mater if it was in DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD. But as it stands on Bluray disc I will not buy it offered in Dolby Digital. I have this title in HD-DVD in Dolby Digital Plus which I still am not happy with, the same goes with Transformers on HD-DVD barely sounds better than Dolby Digital. My opinion after listening to many Dolby Digital Plus titles is that it was Dolbys attempt to really compete with the old DTS format, after Dolby swore up and down that the extra bit rate was not needed that Dolby Digital was good enough.

Terminator (Remastered) DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Skynet Edition) DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines - Dolby Digital
Terminator 4: Salvation - DTS-HD Master Audio

Very strange that this title doesn't recieve the audio treatment it deserves. But I can deal with the so so ok Dolby Digital Plus version on HD-DVD till a new release of Terminator 3 is released. Just hope they do not wait for the 4k format to come out before letting us have this title in lossless audio.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
You're right, I was wondering about that fact too.
But the UK-BD has Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (16 bit), so that's an alternative.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Dave Moritz said:
Is the UK-BD region coded?
I don't have it yet, but my sources* indicates, thet it is region free.
And even if I had it, I coudn't test it, because I only have a region-B player :(

* sources are:
blu-ray.com - bluray-disc.de - ofdb.de

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
WB doesn't use region codes (Blu-ray). It's been like this since the dawn of Blu.Edit: Forgot that the European releases are from Sony. Anyway, many of the BD releases from Sony are also region free (not all, though).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think some of the U.S. versions are also 1080i, correct? I think Warner corrected it later on. Not sure why lossless was not included especially on a movie like this. Hard to really figure out Warner sometimes.

The UK version is only about $15.50 shipped on Amazon UK right now. I've been thinking about ordering this myself.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am fine with paying $15.90ish. I almost purchased it last night then the whole importing charge thing scared me off. I had no idea how much they where going to charge for it and the price was not in US dollars.

Will be picking this movie up soon so I can replace the HD-DVD version of T3.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dave Moritz said:
I am fine with paying $15.90ish. I almost purchased it last night then the whole importing charge thing scared me off. I had no idea how much they where going to charge for it and the price was not in US dollars.Will be picking this movie up soon so I can replace the HD-DVD version of T3.
Amazon has a calculator to show you the price, including mail.I'll have Windows of De, Fr, UK, It and US up at the same time. Put the same items(or the same One in as many that have it) in the cart and line item the cost to see where I'm buying from.Since I'm "cheap" and buy used DVD and BD, I'll go to buy and I'll get the occasional message..."Item not available to your destination"Then move onto the next one.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"whole importing charge thing"What's that? Do you mean shipping charges? Since that's what they charge: The price of the item + shipping charges.Edit: Here's one example in Ebay.uk. BD is £8.99 + £3.00 shipping to the US. Sealed copy, seller feedback 99.9%. £12 is roughly = 20$. Not super cheap, but one example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks