Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Want your SmartTV to talk to your appliances?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:57 PM

It appears that Samsung believes there is value add for purchasers of the HDTV sets to get information from their fridge, washer or AC....  Geez!

Owners of any Samsung 2013 or 2014 model who also own a Samsung appliance will be able to get updates directly on their HDTV.  Think I'm watching TV and I get a notice that my laundry is done or someone left the fridge door open. 

I wonder if there will be built in HD cameras in the appliances so you can watch your food grow mold or watch the suds obscure the lens inside the washing machine?

I wish they would focus on bringing down the cost of OLED vs. getting updates about appliances on the screen.

What do you think?  Anyone rushing out to get a '13/'14 model Samsung HDTV and then replacing their existing appliances with Samsung appliances?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,904 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 30 2013 - 07:15 PM

Believe it. My Samsung W/D is capable of being on the network. The app on your phone(provided you are also on your wifi) can show you real time of the displays of the W/D.

No...I don't use it.

#3 of 3 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted October 30 2013 - 07:42 PM

Id use it. I live in a house that was built in 1930 and you cant hear anything going on in the next room. Laundy room is on the far end of the house but we still close the door if watching movies. Watching Irobot tonight and I just so happen to notice that its been a half hour, dryer should be done, but its not unusual for me to get wrapped up in a movie and forget for over an hour. Stove and microwave are the same way. Cant hear either go off but we always know dinner is ready when we start smelling smoke. Even using the cell phone timer with a movie going on you may or may not hear it ringing. Id also like my TV to intercept text messages and phone calls as part of standard software features. Doesnt really matter what Im doing, gaming, TV or a movie, I get lost in my theater all the friggin time...a good theater will do that to ya.
JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users