What's new

Want your SmartTV to talk to your appliances? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
It appears that Samsung believes there is value add for purchasers of the HDTV sets to get information from their fridge, washer or AC.... Geez!

Owners of any Samsung 2013 or 2014 model who also own a Samsung appliance will be able to get updates directly on their HDTV. Think I'm watching TV and I get a notice that my laundry is done or someone left the fridge door open.

I wonder if there will be built in HD cameras in the appliances so you can watch your food grow mold or watch the suds obscure the lens inside the washing machine?

I wish they would focus on bringing down the cost of OLED vs. getting updates about appliances on the screen.

What do you think? Anyone rushing out to get a '13/'14 model Samsung HDTV and then replacing their existing appliances with Samsung appliances?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Believe it. My Samsung W/D is capable of being on the network. The app on your phone(provided you are also on your wifi) can show you real time of the displays of the W/D.No...I don't use it.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Id use it. I live in a house that was built in 1930 and you cant hear anything going on in the next room. Laundy room is on the far end of the house but we still close the door if watching movies. Watching Irobot tonight and I just so happen to notice that its been a half hour, dryer should be done, but its not unusual for me to get wrapped up in a movie and forget for over an hour. Stove and microwave are the same way. Cant hear either go off but we always know dinner is ready when we start smelling smoke. Even using the cell phone timer with a movie going on you may or may not hear it ringing. Id also like my TV to intercept text messages and phone calls as part of standard software features. Doesnt really matter what Im doing, gaming, TV or a movie, I get lost in my theater all the friggin time...a good theater will do that to ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks