Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Possibility of Libraries never released on disc for sale in Digital and Digital HD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 968 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 04:10 PM

Keith Feldman, President International Home Entertainment says:

While Fox is pushing price and early release as the biggest merits of Digital HD, one of the biggest draws for a collector may well be breadth of choice. And while Feldman was giving nothing away, it looks like we may see some forgotten gems come to DHD – ones that never even made it to disc.

"The platforms we are on now are focused on getting access to the most amount of content that they possibly can," said Feldman.

"Many of them are saying that they want our entire library, even stuff that we haven't released before on DVD because their view is that they have infinite shelf space.

"The digital store can be the place to store that breadth of offering that we could never offer on the high street."

http://www.techradar...lu-ray--1189686

"Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy night."

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 690 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'd probably change my old-fashioned mind about downloading if one could legally and easily burn a BD disc of what one paid for.  So far with all devices but the Tivos (and I've heard that with it, too, this is a big hassle) I'm pretty sure you can't.  The Warner pay site, for one, has hi-def material that I'd kill to own.  Plus, as a historical epic fan, I don't think I'll ever see most beloved films available on official pressed blu-rays.   Will this DHD system allow the customer to burn the material to a home-made BD disc?  And, will the DHD material be up to pressed blu-ray quality?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'd probably change my old-fashioned mind about downloading if one could legally and easily burn a BD disc of what one paid for.

Assuming this was after the increased home saturation of Blu-ray burners, of course.

And even then, I wouldn't trust my own device as much as the most rudimentary professional disk mastering of an in-house MOD, rather than download 9-12G of file.

I like the idea of rare Archive titles being available on the usual Digital suspects (Netflix, Vudu, etc.) for the curious, but still with an avenue to keep a respectable hard copy for that rare cult favorite.

And while I haven't been able to get into Warner Instant Archive--no PS3 app--it would be nice if other studios at least used the other available options, rather than sink on their own and blame the public.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Second Unit

• 456 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted November 02 2013 - 08:04 PM

My biggest want is for Fox's film noirs to come out on UV, so I'm glad to see Fox feel this way. I dont understand the new DigitalHD branding though. DHD... UV... pick one and go with it!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 968 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 10:39 AM

My biggest want is for Fox's film noirs to come out on UV, so I'm glad to see Fox feel this way. I dont understand the new DigitalHD branding though. DHD... UV... pick one and go with it!

Yes very confusing...
"Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy night."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,028 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 04 2013 - 10:42 AM

Maybe they branding so 4K sits on top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users