Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Bishop's Wife -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About Warner Blu-ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 of 97 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,305 posts

Posted January 04 2014 - 12:38 AM

. . .  even if the main buldings are closed, every executive or staffer worth his or her salt has a mobile device capable of receiving corporate email, right? At my work, we've been slowly rolling out "RDP" (Remote Desktop Protocol), allowing users to connect to (and control) the computer on their desktop from home.

I thought we abolished slavery long ago. :)

How glad I am that I no longer work in that kind of environment.

#82 of 97 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Screenwriter

• 1,267 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted January 04 2014 - 12:13 PM

I am glad that I retired just as slavery was being reintroduced. When asked how I felt about retiring from my job in the corporate world, I simply said that my heavy chains had been removed, broken, and that I felt free for the first time in years. I still am, and so happy, while feeling sorry for those I left behind. :(

#83 of 97 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,918 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted January 08 2014 - 06:57 PM

Just received a very nice email from Ms Bogard. My replacement disc is in the mail!

#84 of 97 OFFLINE   ScottHM

ScottHM

Second Unit

• 343 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 08 2014 - 08:39 PM

Just received a very nice email from Ms Bogard. My replacement disc is in the mail!

That's good to know.  Perhaps I'll hear something soon too...

---------------

#85 of 97 OFFLINE   AshJW

AshJW

Second Unit

• 285 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted January 08 2014 - 11:51 PM

I wait, till Amazon has it back in the shop. Hopefully it is then the corrected one ...

my BD's

Hollywood-Icons_HTF.jpg

Projector (Panasonic PT-AE2000) / "Amleto 160 90 Diamond"-Screen (73") / Receiver: Pio VSX-921 / BD-Player: Sony BDP-S5100 (code free)

#86 of 97 OFFLINE   cda1143

cda1143

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 09 2014 - 07:42 AM

I also wrote to Ms. Bogard a couple of weeks ago, and just received a reply that my disc is on it's way. Great service. 

#87 of 97 OFFLINE   ScottHM

ScottHM

Second Unit

• 343 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 09 2014 - 08:44 PM

I also wrote to Ms. Bogard a couple of weeks ago, and just received a reply that my disc is on it's way. Great service. 

Agreed.  I finally received confirmation that my replacement is on its way too.  :thumbsup:

---------------

#88 of 97 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Screenwriter

• 1,109 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted January 09 2014 - 10:44 PM

Am I the only one who thinks they should just give Ms. Bogard the keys to the entire studio?

#89 of 97 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted January 10 2014 - 12:38 AM

I agree. She has been helping me out for years. She is still trying to help me with a certain issue. She is definitely a keeper.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#90 of 97 OFFLINE   GlennF

GlennF

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted October 04 2014 - 01:47 PM

Well, I resurrect this old forum. I bought the Blu-ray of The Bishop's Wife from Amazon.ca last week, pretty close to a year after it came out. Guess what I got? A defective disc where suddenly one minute Dudley is filing cards and the next minute standing outside a church. Oops!I have corresponded with Ms. Bogard. I will be curious to see what the resolution is. You would think Amazon, or Warners, would have gotten rid of these by now. That is why I waited so long before purchasing. Grrr!!!

#91 of 97 OFFLINE   Rodney

Rodney

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted October 05 2014 - 11:46 AM

A big thanks to Glenn on resurrecting this thread. I bought this last year, and missed the fact that WB had offered a replacement disc. I just sent out an email to Ms. Bogard. Let's hope we both hear good news soon.

-Rodney

#92 of 97 OFFLINE   GlennF

GlennF

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted October 06 2014 - 01:51 PM

Got a reply from Ms.Bongard today which says she is sending a new replacement disc in the mail.  No need to return the other defective one (hear that Criterion?).

I'll let you know when I get it, but it looks like a happy ending.  It helps to restore my faith in the world. Well, at least the Blu-ray world!

#93 of 97 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,729 posts

Posted November 07 2014 - 07:44 PM

FYI, I just emailed Ms. Bogard as well. The copy I received today from Amazon had the (in)famous glitch.

#94 of 97 OFFLINE   Konstantinos

Konstantinos

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted November 08 2014 - 01:31 AM

FYI, I just emailed Ms. Bogard as well. The copy I received today from Amazon had the (in)famous glitch.

Oh, that's pity that they're still sending these discs.

And i wanted to buy this for Christmas.

I live in Greece and I am not sure if they would send a replacement!

#95 of 97 OFFLINE   Nick Eden

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted November 08 2014 - 01:39 AM

POPULAR

Oh, that's pity that they're still sending these discs.And i wanted to buy this for Christmas.I live in Greece and I am not sure if they would send a replacement!

Well I live in the UK and got a replacement disc from Ms Bogard last year. She was very helpful and little things like that go along way in terms of good public relations.

#96 of 97 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,571 posts

Posted November 08 2014 - 05:28 AM

Its great that they promptly replace the defective disc but odd they haven't pulled Amazon's supply of the defective version after one year.

I got my replaced last year and it came within a few days so they are very good about.it. 

#97 of 97 OFFLINE   youworkmen

youworkmen

Supporting Actor

• 603 posts

Posted November 08 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well I live in the UK and got a replacement disc from Ms Bogard last year. She was very helpful and little things like that go along way in terms of good public relations.

Me too.

I got the defective disc from Amazon Canada last December - they  use overnight couriers to the UK . I checked the disc and incredibly the replacement  from Warner arrived before Xmas so I was able to enjoy my annual screening of the film as I only ever watch it BEFORE Xmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users